BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Beautiful Pictures from Spences Bridge on Sunday (Fire!)

3K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  ninjarider77 
#1 · (Edited)
My friend and I rode the Hope/Princeton to Merritt, to Spences Bridge and then took the #1 home last Sunday (July 31st)... what a beautiful day! I have never seen such amazing sights... all because of the smoke from the fires, the sun glowing red through the smoke and then finally coming upon the flames across the river, it was just unbelieveable. An amazing photo opportunity... my bike with flames in the background. Who could pass it up? :D

#7 ·
Thanks everybody! I have to say that it was the most beautiful ride I have ever been on... the red glow hitting the mountains and trees as I got closer and closer was just undescribeable! Also, the wind was blowing in the opposite direction from where myself and my friend were, so we got all the gorgeous benefits of the scenery without much of the horrible smoke smell. Also, since the river separated us from the fire itself, we were close enough to really get a good view and still feel safe.

#14 ·
90210 said:
BTW, that's a sweet Avatar photo!

:thumbup
No doubt eh?! As soon as I saw it on the viewfinder of my camera, I knew it was avatar bound. :D

Big thanks to Craig for re-sizing that one shot for me! I could do the regular pics for posting, but I couldn't figure out how to make an avatar photo small enough without it getting all blury.

#17 ·
Here is a picture compliments of my riding partner for the day, Amanda aka MerlinAv. More to come from her later... haha, she has to send them to me to resize and then I'll post them, hopefully tomorrow. :D

#19 ·
That was a wicked ride. We picked an awesome day to go. Next time Jody leads tho so I can actually SEE her pull off, not just look in my mirror after about 2kms and see she's no longer behind me. I bet that guy in the red dodge thought we were a buncha weirdo's, we passed him, then a minute later he was passin us pulled over again. Played tag for about 45 minutes hahahaha. Ohhhh, not to mention the start of the ride.... was a great day all around!!!

#22 ·
Crass Tengu said:
Great pictures, the avatar one looks like commercial quality.
I cannot say it enough, I love that shot! You should have seen how many times I pulled my camera out at the races on Monday to show everyone that picture. lol. :D

I am going to have it blown up into a poster to go in my workout room. Currently I only have a 2002 R1 race poster and a R1100s Boxer Cup Replica clock, it'll be good to have something that shows off my current ride. If you hadn't guessed, my workout room (aka 2nd bedroom) has a bike theme - holds not only a treadmill and universal gym but all my gear, spare bike parts (for the R1 I no longer have) and pictures of past loves (bikes of course!!). I also have some posters that were signed by the racers in Laguna from '02, but I haven't actually managed to get those framed yet. :flashy

#23 ·
R1 GIRL said:
My friend and I rode the Hope/Princeton to Merritt, to Spences Bridge and then took the #1 home last Sunday (July 31st)... what a beautiful day! I have never seen such amazing sights... all because of the smoke from the fires, the sun glowing red through the smoke and then finally coming upon the flames across the river, it was just unbelieveable. An amazing photo opportunity... my bike with flames in the background. Who could pass it up? :D

I had to do a double take on the pic of your bike with the red smokey sun in the back ground . The lighting makes your bike look like it has a different colour.
Great pics!

#24 ·
Excellent ride. We did that stretch (spences bridge to merritt) two days before the fire got there, and it was just as pretty but with a blue sky. I had the camera with me, but for some reason I didn't stop for any photos. I guess I was enjoying the road too much... :)

And yes, that is a sweet avatar. Almost makes me want to go buy a BMW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.