Saftey course?

Thread: Saftey course?

Saftey course?

well i have never riden on a bike and i was wondering seeing how the saftey course they supply bikes would that be a good thing to take to help me decide if i want to have a bike or not... The only promblem is that is pretty expensive to make up my mind.

P.S. how many months of the year do you guys ride?

The 'Wack
    SV track, VFR road
    The courses are money well spent; I'd be surprised to hear otherwise from anyone that has taken one. Yes, it is expensive, but if you figure a per hour cost for a bike *and* instruction, it doesn't look so bad.

I don't know if things have changed, but when I walked away from the BC Safety Council course, I had my license (the final test was part of the course/included in the cost).

You can ride all year with the proper gear, but it can be difficult to keep on top of maintenance and cleaning during the winter months if you don't have ready access to a hose/garage. I decided that I wasn't getting my money's worth out of my insurance during the winter, and would probably put my bike away for 3-4. Because I'm out in the valley, I didn't like the prospect of having to commute in the early am when there was a risk of ice (or snow), so I go cage only for a little while (it's a bit of a stretch for me to swing insurance on two vehicles).

Good riding weather can appear at any time, but your unique definition of good riding weather will evolve once you're on the road--the right gear can make a huge difference here.

Welcome to the sport