That light that Al was talking about...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: That light that Al was talking about...

Bike
    '04 SV1000S

Thumbs up That light that Al was talking about...

As far as the light goes, I donated the light we want to use, but the cost of wiring it up was over $1,000.
    What is this light? I'm new to the club and have not been able to attend any WMRC club meetings.

If things go as I plan, I might be able to donate a better portion of this cost to the club. I'll have to wait and see once I get settled into the new house.

I'd like to see the kink eliminated as well, but don't have 15 Large kicking around.....

Let me know how I would be able to go about contributing funds to the club for safety improvements.

I will do my part of trying to lure more people out to the race days. The next rounds are a weekend, so more people that I know may be able to attend.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright, 1876-1944, Author

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

damn broken leg!!!!!!! Array gixxer_76's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 KX250 Ripper!!!!
    Atta Boy Al!!!! Always givin' 'er behind the scenes

These folk that volunteer for the club put in hundreds of 'free' hours so we can all race. Let's take full advantage of this and fill the grids!
    Last edited by gixxer_76; 08-10-2005 at 09:55 AM.
    Just like a twig, your leg will snap if you smash it into a wall with a 400 Lb bike @ 100+ Km/h. So just don't do it!

http://www.saveonwheelrepair.com

Bike
    2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_76

These folk that volunteer for the club put in hundreds of 'free' hours so we can all race. Let's take full advantage of this and fill the grids!
    I think Al was past 'hundreds of hours' in March!
    Al for President, Al for President, Al for...........
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)

https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPag...FD&Member=2483
    http://daytonaparty.shawwebspace.ca/
    DO IT!

jcathie
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_76

We do need to fill the grids, but we also need to fill the stands. We've kind of stagnated at about 500 spectators and nothing we do seems to draw more in.

I'm going to open a big can of worms and ask ...

What are we missing?

Bike
    06' gsxr 1000 race
    Have a draw for a spectator/s that includes a two up ride around the track by Troy or Steve. IT's one thing to race, it's another to sit around with nothing to do except watch. Offer Italian or british days on TnT's. Have all the duc's and triumph's cruise around the track. I think the biggest risk is antifreeze on the track, but its only a TNT and not race day. The track unfortunately has little to offer in the way of Spectator activities. I say we dig a pit at the end of the drag strip and put a pool in. The problem with that is Teddy would fall in hammered and split a lip.

Bike
    2005 GSX-R600 - Orca Bay Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by jcathie
    I'm going to open a big can of worms and ask ...What are we missing?
    Hey John,

We all were talking about that today and I dunno, we can't figure out what we are doing wrong. We do everything that people ask us to do for exposure (and for what the club can afford) but we still aren't getting the spectators. We chalked it up to people just not being that interested in watching racing and driving / riding all the way out to Mission to do it????

Beats me..

Bike
    2000 Honda RC51, 2010 Husaberg 450FE 2015 Kayo MiniGP
    give me enough leeway and i'll find ways to entertain the fans....................
    Náisiúnaithe na hÉireann.

WMRC Past Prez three time Array NFG's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsquid
    give me enough leeway and i'll find ways to entertain the fans....................
    Is "leeway" a brand of gin? And would you be naked doing this entertaining?
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

"I guarantee that it will start, and I guarantee that it
    will blow up. I cannot guarantee the time between those two events."

"....those who go for broke often get there...."

"Buy in Haste, Repent at Leisure."

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Quote Originally Posted by NFG
    Is "leeway" a brand of gin? And would you be naked doing this entertaining?
    <shudder> His new avatar is bad enough. Don't encourage him....

Skcorpion, we are actively working at building up a fund towards special foam safety walls to replace the hay bales currently being used. Regardless of what happens to the kink we still need this better foam fence option for turns 2 and 6. Currently the money from our draws and raffles goes into that fund. If you, or anyone else, would like to donate to that fund it would be very appreciatively received.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    '04 SV1000S
    Anyone wanting to donate to the safety fund, contact Bruce at the next meeting.

Thanks for your interest.
    Don't think I can make the meeting on the 15th...

The suggestion of having a two-up ride for a spectator with one of the pro riders..... Now that would be a thrill (but maybe that's only my perspective).... One of the track days in the States I was looking into had this. You could put your sweetie on the back of the bike at the end of the two days and take a controlled lap around the track...

Or, let whoever wins (a draw of some type) walk the course with a pro or two if riding was too much of a financial encumbrance (liability, insurance etc.), one of the fast guys for the guys and let Kimberley or one of the other female racers walk the ladies through the course (or give them their choice), We have to learn to think 'outside the box' if we want to get creative to draw the crowds.

I definitely agree with Trevor, let's try to drum up more spectators as well as bring in more racers We need a hook, we need a eye-catcha for this.... (imitating Eddy Murphy...).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright, 1876-1944, Author

Bike
    '04 SV1000S
    if anyone (electrical company) can donate some used wire, we could get it up and running quite easily.
    What type of wire is needed? I'm not an electrician but the bro-in-law is an electrician and runs his own company.....

Bike
    2005 GSX-R600 - Orca Bay Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by skcorpion
    The suggestion of having a two-up ride for a spectator with one of the pro riders..... Now that would be a thrill (but maybe that's only my perspective).... One of the track days in the States I was looking into had this. You could put your sweetie on the back of the bike at the end of the two days and take a controlled lap around the track...
    Hmmmm, neat idea, let us look into this and get back to ya!

Quantum F4i
    I think spectators just need to have few more choices. Sitting on the stands from 9 till 4 and watching same small bit of track is hard enough for a racing enthusiast let alone casual spectator. That’s why most of our “spectators” are either racers themselves, their pit crews or their relatives that had nothing better to do that day. We get very few “non racers”, street riders or casual spectators. And those that do come rarely stay the whole day or return next time. It’s sad but true.

Here are few things I would suggest.
    Move one of the grandstands (since they are rarely full) from T1,T2 to that little straight between T7 and T8. That way they can see T7,T8 and T9.
    Depending on the rental agreement with the owners you can possibly “expand” the pit area and have other events during or in between main race events. Things that would require little or no supervision, like a little go-cart/super moto track, stunt area even.

You have to accept the fact that you will be hard pressed to attract general public to these events. As much as it’s dear to us, Mission Raceway just has very little to offer. What you can do though is attract people that are into similar things.

Cheers.
    S.

rideme
    running water.
    nuff said.

Registered User Array RustyNail's Avatar
    Bike
    o3 Gixer 6
    I belive that a lunch hour STUNT SHOW , with prize money would be a great Idea, It worked at seattle last year .......300 Buck to the winner. Also have spectators alowed to cross the track , to view the races from other vantage points. How about a bcsb Discount day.

Also I hate to say it but .... Monday Races , and on long weekends. Most people have plans , i couldn't get 1 family member to show up last weekend.

P.S We need more crashing in Turn 2 , that will bring them out ...........Slipknot , Trever and Teddy step up and do you part. HAHA

Colin Rimes #55
    RIMESMOTORSPORTS

WMMRA #85
    AMA #285