Any 900 Hornet riders?

Thread: Any 900 Hornet riders?

Island Moose

Any 900 Hornet riders?

Looking for some sage advice on the 900/919 Hornet/Fazer. I found one for sale, nice all the reviews. Seems sorted, good power.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements

The 'Wack
    SV track, VFR road
    Coincidentally, another user on this board who goes by Moose has one. You might want to PM him.
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    lower mainland
    don't know if the guy is on here but I see a black 919 going to work the same way as myself every morning down Oak to downtown. I think he works in construction. Has aftermarkete mirrors on it.
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Duc S2R 1000
    Dude, have considered the upgrade myself, and ridden the 919 - which I understand has significant upgrades from the 900F (adjustible suspenders, more aggressive fork, etc.) One criticism of the 900F was that it was a little light on the suspension side - something I was told (by the sales staff) that was remedied in the 919.

I test rode the 919 a few weeks ago at Carter Coquitlam - they may still have the demo. Lotta fun, bulletproof engineering, though I understand its a bit thirsty.

Tons of info online - given the attention the bike has in europe, I suggest you check out the various sites. For me its a tight race between the 919 / FZ1 - but then they may have a new 06 FZ - so we'll see.

Killer Hornet

Hornets rock

Here is a picture of mine after lots of mods :-)

Registered User Array radmtrbkr's Avatar
    Gravity Warp Drive
    gotta agree, they do rock.

2002 CBR600F4i
    Island Moose,

I have a the little brother, the 599. I have had no problems with it and its fun, has plenty of power. It is a also a really comfortable bike, i can easily ride 8 hours/day on it.
    The transmission shifts really nicely.

Hope this helps a little.

it's yellow
    Hornets are building a following. When I got mine last year I couldn't see one. Now it seems I run in to one about every other weekend. Good site to go for info:
    for 599

for 919

Island Moose
    Thanks, I've been pouing through the European sites. Sweet blue 919 Killer Hornet...if I get one I'll be asking about that street-fighter fairing.

super standard
    Thats a little weird about the name/bike thing. Don't get it.....there can only be one Moose ridden 919!! Ha ha, no it is an awesome bike: great riding position, torquey motor, good brakes. You have to ride it pretty aggressively over rough roads in order to see the shortcommings of the suspension. I'm 200+lbs, and yes it feels "soft", but if you are smooth with your inputs and weight transfer it'll put a nice grin on your face.
    A windscreen will be a must if you plan to do alot of highway riding.
    WMRC #44