Divine Intervention on the Sunshine Coast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Divine Intervention on the Sunshine Coast

Registered Abuser Array rubberhead's Avatar
    Bike
    blue VFR

Divine Intervention on the Sunshine Coast

Went to Julia's bike wash today. Decided to go for a boot on the Sunshine Coast. Heading south, about 30 or so kms north of Sechelt at one of those swim holes, there's a POS Econoline van sitting on the shoulder facing north. I don't see anyone else on the highway and figure everything's cool. It was as if he was waiting for me to get nice and close before making a fucking U-turn! I figure my goose is cooked, but good. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, a lady in a white car driving north smashes into him knocking him back to where he came from, leaving me a perfect, brightly lit path to ride through safely. Where did she come from?! Both drivers were unhurt and the whole scene didn't sink in until I was at the ferry terminal.

It's clear to me that God's Angels do exist and that I am being divinely guided to ride the face of the earth. To ride each and every twisty fearlessly. I will be like Jacob and ride from place to place spreading the message.

I have a new life now. The old Rubberhead is a changed man. He now rides the path!

What a day.
    I have two Hondas. Can I breed them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Let me be the first to type BUY LOTTERY TICKETS
    -
    -
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it

Registered User Array RedRocketRacer's Avatar
    Bike
    2000 Honda CBR929rr
    If the guy in the van wasn't critically injured. You should have done it.

Architeuthis
    It is so cool when that happens but you can stop and weave better than you might think of course it looks like you don't have to. LOL

Reminds me of a motorhome that did a similar thing to me. I remember being impressed by how much of the road he took up sideways. I accelerated to where his rear bumber was counting on the fact that it wouldn't be there when I got there. Sure enough I got by but that little truck that was beside me was locked up and hoping for the best when I last saw him. The motorhome made the turn so I guess it was all ok, but talk about timing, couldn't have been better if we were making a movie.

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    SO which God do you believe in now?

Registered User Array radmtrbkr's Avatar
    Bike
    Gravity Warp Drive
    jesus saves

Bike
    sold - borrowing my wife's CBR
    Maybe Julia's spirit didn't want to see your nice clean bike getting dirty.
    Every day I break my previous record of consecutive days still alive.

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by radmtnbkr
    jesus saves
    but miroslav satan scores....

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R
    Quote Originally Posted by radmtnbkr
    jesus saves
    ..he should have invested.
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    Did you learn anything from this? Apart from the god stuff.

Bike
    750, 600, 400
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth
    Did you learn anything from this? Apart from the god stuff.
    lol

I stubbed my toe that day like nobody's business....i'm pretty sure it wasn't God momentarily limiting fine motor control of my feet.

Bike
    2002 GSX-R 1000K2
    props to the lady!

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    You should have turned around and been a witness for the good samaritin that pushed the van back into place for you. ICBC loves to blame everyone unless there's a witness like yourself that will certify that one or the other was in the wrong.

It's not too late. Phone today! Give the details and date and they can add it to the accident report.

It's the least you can do for her if it turns out that ICBC is trying to proportion the blame and hit up her good driving discount as well as the van's.

PS: with your statement along with the fact of the accident the two of you can get the van driver charged with undue care I suspect. That'll make the idiot think before doing something so braindead ever again. After you give your statement to ICBC get the accident report number and phone the cops. Ask the ICBC agent to contact the woman and pass on your phone number (they won't give you her's for obvious reasons) and the two of you charge the the poo out of that van driver!
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    sold
    ya no kidding!! phone icbc to tell them the van was at fault! I got blamed for a guy running the red light and tboning me......because of no witnesses!!

PHONE ICBC

Still defying gravity... Array Thumper 8's Avatar
    Bike
    3 and 6 cylinders of fury
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee
    You should have turned around and been a witness for the good samaritin that pushed the van back into place for you. ICBC loves to blame everyone unless there's a witness like yourself that will certify that one or the other was in the wrong.

It's not too late. Phone today! Give the details and date and they can add it to the accident report.

It's the least you can do for her if it turns out that ICBC is trying to proportion the blame and hit up her good driving discount as well as the van's.

PS: with your statement along with the fact of the accident the two of you can get the van driver charged with undue care I suspect. That'll make the idiot think before doing something so braindead ever again.
    Absolutely - although I haven't seen it posted here, a bike had a pick-up truck pull out in front of it just north of Hope on Friday (I think?) and the rider died. Offer whatever assistance you can to nail this van driver - may sure he won't make the same mistake again.

PS - glad you are OK... and buy some lottery tickets before Julia's karma wears off

aka Tony

My WMRC/Pitt Meadows and other bike photos are at Thumphoto.com - follow on Twitter and connect on Facebook