BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

What ta do, what ta do?

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  boarder 
#1 · (Edited)
Just kinda thinking out loud here. Sold my 250 over the weekend and I thought I could wait until fall to purchase something else. 3 days later, and I'm hurting! Not positive I want to be saddled with a new bike right now and there a tons of options for used. Haven't had a chance to go out and try much yet so can't even say I know what feels comfortable. I sat on an F4i a weeks ago and am test riding an F4 later tonight. But this bike has been described to me as couch like. I like the feel of my RR but thats in pretty short bursts, I suspect the riding position would be too agressive for longer trips. Plus its pretty heavy. Gixxer 600? R6? F4i? The 636 proved to be far too agressive for me and would likely require risers of some sort to allow me to comfortably reach the handle bars. I've still lots to learn and so I want something I can continue to do so on. Soooo many choices!!

EDIT: I hate asking the same questions that have riddled the board over and over.

#4 ·
You need make a realistic assessment of what type of riding you'll be doing. That would be helpful information when it comes to making recommendations.

Personally, I don't see why you'd want another track-focussed bike for the road when you have one for...the track. The F4 should be just as fast as anything else on the street unless you're *really* pushing it, but that's why you have a race license and race bike, isn't it?

I say sport-tourer. Ride to Laguna next year, with hard bags--you know you wanna. Find a '98-01 VFR that someone has already outfitted with luggage and a good seat. Maybe a Triumph Sprint ST.

PM flyfishingwoman, she has a track bike and just picked up a VFR herself. I'm a little biased, having one myself, but it's so old that it doesn't really count. :flashy

#8 ·
My little F4i (first bike), served me very very well, first she was a street bike then my beginner race bike. I loved it. Now I get to see her at the track - hee hee, Tyler is kicking ass on that F4i.

You will like it! :thumbup

WTF? I am calling my old bike a "her" & "she" :roflmao

#9 ·
Mighty Kentor said:
Yamaha YZF600.

Basically a 3/4 sized VFR. Great lookes and handling and awesome comfort.

GET ONE!!!

Hey those marks on the sidewalk...wouldn't be from a little burn out now would they????? :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

#13 · (Edited)
Don't get caught up on "couch" comments, there are lots of folks around who ride the latest "comfort of a 2x4" offerings from the marketing powers be, and are in essence underriding their machines. A month ago I had the treat of watching the head of Ducati Canada go out and spank a "B Class" group at Race City... on a 58hp Ducati Multistrada 620... it was a laugh but also made you think.
Another consideration is that if you are comfortable you can ride more consitiently, longer and with less distraction on the road. All factors that equal quicker and more enjoyable.

#15 ·
i've been thinking a lot about what bike to get as my next bike....
and that YZF600R looks really good...
i just know that if i get an F4i.. part of me will die inside when i can't have funny little rivalries with my friends (honda vs kawi/yami/suzi/duci)
but congrats on your F4i (if that's what you just purchased) !! :thumbup

#16 ·
That bike is beautiful

Mr.Sushi ya ha said:
Hey those marks on the sidewalk...wouldn't be from a little burn out now would they????? :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

I have to say this bike, along with F4i are the 600`s I´ve always thought most beautiful, even comparing to new ones... The best looking liter bikes for me are R1´s hands down.

#17 ·
ZenOfZoom said:
Don't get caught up on "couch" comments, there are lots of folks around who ride the latest "comfort of a 2x4" offerings from the marketing powers be, and are in essence underriding their machines. A month ago I had the treat of watching the head of Ducati Canada go out and spank a "B Class" group at Race City... on a 58hp Ducati Multistrada 620... it was a laugh but also made you think.
Another consideration is that if you are comfortable you can ride more consitiently, longer and with less distraction on the road. All factors that equal quicker and more enjoyable.
hmmmmmmm

BANG!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.