http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewth...D=23&TID=18695

Had a great time meeting you's guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Ride the winds of change Array scooter's Avatar
    Bike
    Adventure and Sport
    How did the Prarie boys fair this year. Many wrecked bikes.

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    A couple of scratched up ones, but nothing to bad ..
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

I wish I was regular Array EF ZED ONE's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha FZ1
    Quote Originally Posted by silverD
    A couple of scratched up ones, but nothing to bad ..
    Yep, the wrecked numbers were way down this year.
    The worst I saw was the black R1 that was pancaked. He rode it into the parking lot with the fairing resting on the front fender and the motor sitting about 2" to the right. It's currently "For Sale"

It's funny that we BC residents make fun of the praire boys but you have to give em credit for making the trip out here. I'd guess 1/3 of the attendees are from Alberta and many of them have made it a week long holiday to ride the roads we take for granted. I'd guess the shorter riding season they deal with creates a little more passion and a lot less pose. With 12,000+ members one would have thought that you'd feel some kinda BCSB presence at the rally but I guess riding 5 hours down the road is a stretch for most.

Bike
    954RR
    It was a blast, I even made it up from the states, some mighty fine roads up there, still laughing about the guy that got pissed when I told him I bought my bike to pose next to it in parking lots and to do wheelies.

T
    T
    03 Honda CBR 954RR
    95 Eclipse
    83 Toyota truck

Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by EF ZED ONE
    Yep, the wrecked numbers were way down this year.
    The worst I saw was the black R1 that was pancaked. He rode it into the parking lot with the fairing resting on the front fender and the motor sitting about 2" to the right. It's currently "For Sale"

It's funny that we BC residents make fun of the praire boys but you have to give em credit for making the trip out here. I'd guess 1/3 of the attendees are from Alberta and many of them have made it a week long holiday to ride the roads we take for granted. I'd guess the shorter riding season they deal with creates a little more passion and a lot less pose. With 12,000+ members one would have thought that you'd feel some kinda BCSB presence at the rally but I guess riding 5 hours down the road is a stretch for most.
    Not too much of a stretch, my buds and I rode down early Saturday rode a bunch of the roads like Anarchist hill, Green Mtn Rd., went to Rock Creek, Beaverdell, Kelowna, then home all in all did about 1300 km in one day. Hell I even did squats on Friday morning first time in 3 weeks damn is my arse and legs sore, lol but damn good fun.

Whach u talkn bout Willis Array smokedvw's Avatar
    Bike
    its got 2 wheels
    Did that guy ride his R1 home, last time i saw it he had stripped most of the stuff off the front, headlights, fairings................

Whach u talkn bout Willis Array smokedvw's Avatar
    Bike
    its got 2 wheels
    Ill post some of my pics up, including the best pic ever of old school

Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by smokedvw
    Did that guy ride his R1 home, last time i saw it he had stripped most of the stuff off the front, headlights, fairings................
    No I don't think he rode home when I was talking to him he had just got off the phone to try to get a ride to pick up his bike. Bike was in pretty bad shape up close.

Registered User Array duke999s999's Avatar
    Bike
    Did anyone see the blue r6 or r1 couldnt tell it looked pretty bad. It looked like he smacked into the mountain between Osoyoos and Rock Creek. I only saw one cop car by the bike and as i was going up the highway towards Osoyoos we saw a ambulance but it didnt have its lights on. Didnt look like he was in a rush to get anywhere. Hope the riders ok.

Bike
    05 GSX-R 600, 05 ZX-6R, 05 R6, 05 GSx-R600(needs work!)
    I was an Alberta Boy...from Grande Prairie....Riding was like a wet dream..best road I did was the Osoyoos to Rock Creek..I wanna go back next weekend!!!!!

Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    Bike
    itali-scrap
    Quote Originally Posted by smokedvw
    the black one? ... too bad so sad!

Ride the winds of change Array scooter's Avatar
    Bike
    Adventure and Sport
    How was the stunting. Last year they put on a great show ?