Anyone work for a Rogers Wireless Store ?

Thread: Anyone work for a Rogers Wireless Store ?

BBQ Squadron Member Array Dark()Knight's Avatar
    Bike
    Batcycle

Anyone work for a Rogers Wireless Store ?

Hello All...

Does anyone here work for a Rogers Wireless Store or can recommend someone that does ??? I would like to purchase a phone outright without a plan if possible... Looking at a Bluetooth V551 or a V635i preferably...
    Thanks all...

D()K

PS... you can PM or post on here if you like....
    Be Happy for this moment.... This moment is your life.

It is not about Anger,
    It's about Peace.
    It is not about Power,
    It's about Grace.
    It is not about knowing your enemy,
    It's about knowing yourself.

Bike
    None right now...
    When I was trying to get Rogers to help my find my lost phone, they offered me a V551 for about $200. It was one of the "refurbished" units, apparently they get a lot of people who sign up on plans, keep the phones for about two months until Rogers cuts them off for non-payment, and then return them. Or they decide the phone isn't what they wanted and exchange it for a different model. Either way, the phone can't be resold as new so goes out as refurbished. Give Rogers a call and ask about them.
    ---
    My Picasa Album

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    Ray, check on ebay, www.buysell.com or www.howardforums.com..... make sure the phone supports the new(er) 850Mhz network on Rogers, you will definitely want to be a part of this.

: edit... looks like the V551 is the one you want (quad band phone) if youre interested in good RF service.
    Last edited by REVELATIONS; 09-02-2005 at 11:56 AM.

doug
    why does everything have to be done thru a hookup? why not waltz into the nearest store and just ask what they will do for you?

time is money, and you are wasting both waiting for action here.

Bike
    2006 GSXR 750
    My is avoid Rogers Wireless.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

-Mark Twain

Hello BCSB!

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    Unlike many other people I've heard from, I, personally, have had only excellent customer service and products through Rogers Wireless since I first signed up with them in 1996.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

BBQ Squadron Member Array Dark()Knight's Avatar
    Bike
    Batcycle
    Quote Originally Posted by doug
    why does everything have to be done thru a hookup? why not waltz into the nearest store and just ask what they will do for you?
    time is money, and you are wasting both waiting for action here.
    Yes... I have done that. I prefer not to pay the outrageous markup they have on the phone cause the only way they make money is by selling a plan with the phone and not the phone outright. Thanks for your input anyways. Someone that hooks me up today might end up hooking up someone in the future after going through this thread.
    D()K
    Be Happy for this moment.... This moment is your life.

It is not about Anger,
    It's about Peace.
    It is not about Power,
    It's about Grace.
    It is not about knowing your enemy,
    It's about knowing yourself.

Bike
    None right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by doug
    The simple answer is, the nearest store has absolutely no incentive to make any deals for you, when there is a constant stream of walk-ins buying phones on monthly or yearly plans anyway. I'd be surprised if any of the counter-lackeys even have the authority to cut deals.

If you want to get a deal, the best place is eBay, but you may have to hunt for a while. It took me a month and a half to replace my lost Nokia 6620, but I now have one, for less than half what it would have cost to replace by buying a new one. I even found a seller in Canada, so no taxes.
    ---
    My Picasa Album