Warning other riders about radar

Thread: Warning other riders about radar

Registered User Array
    North Vancouver

Warning other riders about radar

Just wanted to thank the guys who saved me a couple hundred bucks this morning around 9:45 @ murrin and encourage everyone to keep it up, it saved me it could save you.

2. Remove Advertisements

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    I always warn other riders about radar but usually I just get looks like "why's that guy flapping his arms and smacking the top of his helmet?"

Registered User Array duke999s999's Avatar
    yep thanks to like 10-15 riders who warned me today on the s2s. They had a speed trap in between squamish and whistler today. I would have gotten nailed hard today if it wasnt for u guys. I have like 4 speeding tickets in the last 2months i think im on the verge of getting my license suspended. To bad i dont know who u guys are or i'd buy u guys all a round. Thnx

Also whats up with the cagers nowadays i remember they use to high beam to warn of speed traps all the time, they dont do that no more. That should be taught at driving school.
    Last edited by duke999s999; 09-05-2005 at 10:43 PM.

Langley, BC
    None right now...
    I suppose I should thank the SUV driver who was madly waving his arm and flashing his headlights at me yesterday as I was doing the Mission loop. I thought "gee, thanks, now I know the cops are ahead" and slowed down. Came around the corner to find a forest rat (otherwise known as a deer) standing in the road. It hopped out of the way before I got there, though. Might have been more exciting if I didn't know it was coming.
    My Picasa Album

And shepherds we shall be Array miraclejoe's Avatar
    Gixxer V2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by duke999s999
    Also whats up with the cagers nowadays i remember they use to high beam to warn of speed traps all the time, they dont do that no more.
    I often find myself flashing my High beam franticly, wondering if other drivers think I am just a road raging asshole.

Of course, I do this to warn other drivers of upcoming dangers and hazards, like hmmm, kids playing on the highway or something.

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    It seems while riders warn other riders of radar/police ahead, cars -intentionally?- don't forewarn riders because they figure we deserve whatever's comin' to us. Just my cynical 2kms. And in fairness, when I'm in my car: I pick and choose who I'll warn. I'll always warn riders, but a car-load of teens pushin' the corners of the S2S in an ole' Camaro: Toast.

It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.