Who sells electronic components

Thread: Who sells electronic components

Rock bottom here I come Array Dalma's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda VFR800

Who sells electronic components

In particular I'm looking to do some electronic repairs and I need to find a decent soldering iron and either desoldering wick or desoldering vacuum pump.

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    main street electronics at 29th and main or RP electronics off Lougheed and Willingdon by the canadian tire
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    There's also MRE in the little strip mall where Black and Decker is on the SW corner at 1st and Boundry as well as Future Electronics on the other corner on the NW side opposite B&D. Both of these are only a couple of blocks from RPE which is a few blocks east and one block south up the hill. So if you can't get it at one place then the others are only a hop, skip and jump away.

Edit- Racerboy, by your description I gather RPE moved?

Either way the three outlets are all very close to each other. For price I'd look at either MRE or RPE first and Future last of all. Future infuriates me with the lack of stock and a somewhat higher price on almost everything.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

doug
    i am surprised you never bothered to walk into a radio shack. they've only sold them since jesus was a baby.

although they are now called "the source by circuit city", they still sell them.

Newbie Poser Squid Array bafflebrain's Avatar
    Bike
    bad, m'kay?
    Quote Originally Posted by doug
    they've only sold them since jesus was a baby.

although they are now called "the source by circuit city", they still sell them.
    Yes but I am sure they went by a different name before Radio Shack...
    "It's not my fault your slow!"

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    Radio Shack. They are cheap.

Rock bottom here I come Array Dalma's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda VFR800
    I used to buy all of this sort of stuff from Radio Shack but after changing to the 'Source' both of my local Radio Shack stores closed so I had assumed that they may have changed content as well.

Newbie Poser Squid Array bafflebrain's Avatar
    Bike
    bad, m'kay?
    Nah...same stuff, different name.
    "It's not my fault your slow!"

Chupa-thingy Array Man In Yellow's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 Kawasaki 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by racerboy88
    main street electronics at 29th and main or RP electronics off Lougheed and Willingdon by the canadian tire
    If you go to Main Street Electronics, you may as well head to Lee's Electronics almost next door. He'll pretty much give you any sort of discount if you walk in. Keep in mind, the more you spend, the bigger the discount
    Ryan
    (Man In Yellow)

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalma
    I used to buy all of this sort of stuff from Radio Shack but after changing to the 'Source' both of my local Radio Shack stores closed so I had assumed that they may have changed content as well.
    I went into The Source yesterday [had some time to kill while waiting for my car to be fixed]. And yes they have soldering wands and guns and vacuum bulbs. The bulbs were $4.99 and the soldering units ranged from $8 to $15.

Bike
    '98 Katana 750
    The Source has significantly less selection than Radio Shack used to. I think the main problem is the "radio shack" branded components are no longer available to them.

Aside from the stores mentioned above, if you need something specific, I recommed Digikey (www.digikey.ca). You can order pretty much anything electrical from them online, and it's shipped the same day. Fastest delivery I've ever seen. Their canadian wearhouse is in ontario somewhere I believe, but I ordered some stuff from them at 3pm one day, and I had it in my hand the next day by noon!

Good luck shopping.