Need opinion.......
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need opinion.......

Need opinion.......

I am trying to sell my bike but there was a guys replied me from said that my price is ridicilous and i am a f**king douch bag.

My price is $10500 of course best offer are welcomed.What I have on my bike is

Local, no accidents
    Scotts Performance Steering Damper
    True HID(High intensity discharge)lighting system
    Graphic Art Moto Design LED signal undertail
    Rear spool mounted stand
    Zero Gravity Double Bubble Smoke windscreen
    Frame sliders
    Clear front flushmount signals
    Spools for stand

I have the stock undertail, windscreen, extra passenger pegs, signals, and exhaust mounting bracket as well.

Can someone please give me some opinion.

Thank for you guys helps.

2. Remove Advertisements

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    - unknown
    Tell 'em to STUFF IT!

Then wait till you get what you want or wait till someone offers you at least the minimum amount you're willing to take
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

Ask anything you want for it. There's nothing illegal or unscrupulous about asking $10,000 for a used motorcycle.

It's not like you bought some Terry Fox shoes and are trying to make a profit on them or actually asking for money for your old, stained furniture.

profit on Terry Fox shoes...I was just thinkin the same

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green 9R
    profit on Terry Fox shoes...I was just thinkin the same
    Apparently, Sportchek was supposed to donate ALL proceeds from the shoes to the Terry Fox Foundation.

So, if THEY'RE not gonna cash in, some local guy might as well try to make a quick $100 from his opportunistic purchases.

I am tired of people trying to help others out, it's time to make some money! I am gonna put a toll booth in front of my house with a gate that blocks the whole street. Everyone will be allowed through for free except for the handicapped who will have to pay a toll relative to their personal misfortunes:

• Amputees = $5
    • Mentally Challenged = $10
    • Parapalegic = $15
    • Blind = $100 (i'll just tell them i grabbed a fiver from them)

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole
    we still dont know what type of bike it coudl be a buel...ehehehe
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnin
    we still dont know what type of bike it coudl be a buel...ehehehe
    It's a 2002 or 2003 R1. I saw it in the marketplace section, muthafucka.

BTW, your toll would be $50

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    Ask anything you want for it. There's nothing illegal or unscrupulous about asking $10,000 for a used motorcycle.
    Yeah like he said ask what ever you want for it. Remember there's a sucker born every second..all you have to do is find one!
    Last edited by Jaybo; 09-14-2005 at 06:03 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Under the radar. Hopefully.
    Honda. Still. Again.
    guys replied me from said that my price is ridicilous and i am a f**king douch bag.
    I dunno. Is the price ridiculous?
    Are you a douche bag?

Obviously, that's a fellow who isn't going to buy your motorcycle.
    Someone else will.
    To quote a local Toyota dealer, who happens to be a total and complete.....uh, anyway, he says "There's an ass for every seat."

While I agree with everyone that you should ask what you want for it, and you have every right too, just remember that buyers are going to want to pay less than what you are asking. Posting a price and then opening it up to offers is all that you can do.

I know many people would like to get back at least a portion of what they paid into the bike for accessories, but it's never easy getting that money back. When I sold my last bike I took a big loss on money spent on accessories. Nothing I can do about that. Remember, it's all up to you. If you absolutely have to sell it for the money, you may have to take a loss. It sucks, but that's how it goes.

If you can't get what you want, keep riding it.

medium red R
    Nice Bike, nice parts list. I wouldn't have called you a douchbag, but I think your a little high on your ask. I've see an 04 with similar KM's for about the same price.

Kamloops, BC
    2007 BMW G650X-Challenge
    Why don't you go ask a dealer what it would be worth as a trade in and then add 10% to that number.

2005 R1 was $14,999 brand new, so as of today, the following bikes would be worth about this much:

2004 R1 - $13,125
    2003 R1 - $11,485
    2002 R1 - $10,050

However, the 2006 R1 has been released so that will have to be taken into account, so...

2005 R1 - $13,125
    2004 R1 - $11,485
    2003 R1 - $10,050
    2002 R1 - $8,800

The modifications are worth absolutely nothing on the bike, unless the owner wants them. Remove them, put the bike to stock, and sell like that. Resell parts seperately.

Of course, this is just my opinion, what do I know. My bike is for sale for $6300.
    2007 BMW G650X Challenge

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    Yep, performance mods mean nothing for resale value. As a matter of fact, they can *decrease* it's value as most folks want stock and even mod guys want to trick their bikes out themselves.

Also, perhaps the guy calling you a dick or whatever was assuming that you were asking American dollars. Then it would be outrageous.

IMO, 10.5K for a 2002-2003 is a little high, considering a used '04 is around the same scrilla. But I won't resort to name calling.

Monica Bellucci
    I would say it's high but certainly wouldn't flame you for it.

As a point of reference, a brand new '04 R1 is available here in Vic for $12,199.00 - that gives you peace of mind, a newer generation machine, and a full warranty - all of which makes it worth it in my opinion over spending 20% less for a used bike with no warranty and (no offence) ridden by a stranger who may or may not have treated it properly.

$9000-$9400 would be a good starting point if I was trying to sell it.

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    none at the moment
    We still don't really know what kinda bike it is.
    2010 can't affort a bike anymore
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 VFR
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.