Got a Flat?

Thread: Got a Flat?

Bike
    2005 600RR Silver/Black

Got a Flat?

ok so i searched the forms first and did not really come up with any good answer.

I have a flat back tire, no real means of taking this tire off, no truck, uhaul or any other such hauling device. what do i do?

is the tire fill shit really that bad? they charge like 10 bucks more or like 50 bucks? i relaly dont see what options i have.

luckily i was at my work and able to park it inside and able to walk home.

any good advise is welcome. thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    S
    Try calling Bill @ 5h gear before Sunday. They are not open on Sundays not Mondays.

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    You can plug it. There are numerous ways to plug a tire, depending on where the hole is. If it's in the middle of the tire this is what I would recommend, if it's anywhere on your contact patch while you corner... replace it.

Bike
    2004 gsxr 750
    I would plug it I rode 5000km on a plugged tire no worries. I carry a plug kit and co2 cartridges on my bike just in case of those kind of situations.

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    Call around to some of the shops, they have pickup service.
    Where there's a will there's a way..taking a tire off isn't hard. did your 600rr come with tools? that should be enough, otherwise find a friend, or family that has tools. you don't need a stand; you can find ways around it.. put it on a milk crate, or try using the side stand with a scissor jack under the bike..
    don't use that tire fill shit.
    Last edited by Jaybo; 09-17-2005 at 12:30 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    Bike
    itali-scrap
    This is a real product which has been tested, re-tested and won many awards. I know the owners of the company... buy one.

http://stopngo.com/motorcycle.htm

Bike
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by fish_antlers
    This is a real product which has been tested, re-tested and won many awards. I know the owners of the company... buy one.

http://stopngo.com/motorcycle.htm
    If I have a puncture in my tire and use that, I don't have to bring it to the stop and get it replugged?

Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    Bike
    itali-scrap
    if it's a hole, nail hole etc... yer otay... if freddy's slashed the sidewall from end to end yer screwed.

ridenrain
    Canadian tire radial tire repair kit and a pump.
    Works for nail & screw holes but anything bigger will not be safe.
    I've used it for years and have never had a problem.

Bike
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeiscool
    i have a nail through my rear tire in the middle of the tread, is a tire plug a good enough fix or does it need to be taken off the rim and pactched from the inside?
    Tire plugs are done from the inside anyway. Bring it to mspeed, cost is like $30 to fix it.

doug
    Quote Originally Posted by coolio
    Tire plugs are done from the inside anyway. Bring it to mspeed, cost is like $30 to fix it.
    a tire plug can be put in from either side. a patch has to go on from the inside. you need a good rubber plug with vulcanizing glue. the ones from canadian tire that look like rubber cat shit are no where near as good. a shop shouldn't be charging $30 for a plug. $15 tops.

don't use an instant flat repair can. the gunk will just pool in the middle of the tire arc as you are riding, more than likely missing the area it was meant to seal. it can screw with tire balance, and if you want to patch the tire later, is a pain to get rid of.

Bike
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by doug
    a tire plug can be put in from either side. a patch has to go on from the inside. you need a good rubber plug with vulcanizing glue. the ones from canadian tire that look like rubber cat shit are no where near as good. a shop shouldn't be charging $30 for a plug. $15 tops.

don't use an instant flat repair can. the gunk will just pool in the middle of the tire arc as you are riding, more than likely missing the area it was meant to seal. it can screw with tire balance, and if you want to patch the tire later, is a pain to get rid of.
    Sorry for the confusion, when I went into the shop, I just asked for a tire plug and they did it from the inside including patch for $30.