To circumcise or not to circumcise.

View Poll Results: To circumcise or not to circumcise.

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a girl and vote yes.

15 10.64%
  • I'm a boy and vote yes.

51 36.17%
  • I'm a girl and vote no.

10 7.09%
  • I'm a boy and vote no.

61 43.26%
  • I'm a hermaphrodite and have more serious life decisions to debate.

4 2.84%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: To circumcise or not to circumcise.

Bike
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom

To circumcise or not to circumcise.

We made our decision long ago on what to do if we had a boy. I thought I'd post this up for discussion though. Prior to having to make this decision I was woefully unaware of how to debate the issue, and found out some surprising things when researching it.

For those willing to write up, I'd be interested to hear arguments that support your thoughts.

So I don't sway the results, I'll keep our decision out of this.

Last edited by Mighty Kentor; 09-22-2005 at 04:30 PM.
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

Bike
    DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Kentor
    We made our decision long ago on what to do if we had a boy. I thought I'd post this up for discussion though. Prior to having to make this decision I was woefully unaware of how to debate the issue, and found out some surprising things when researching it.

For those willing to write up, I'd be interested to hear arguments that support your thoughts.

So I don't sway the results, I'll keep our decision out of this.
    I dunno Kent, seems a bit harsh.
    Portfolio Site:
    TenguArtwork.com

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    do it do it now

Registered User Array Jester666's Avatar
    Bike
    1966 Honda Dream305 1976 Honda CB550
    unless your religion tells you you have to do it, and you choose to listen, I'd say(and vote) NO.
    In my personal view it's an idiotic custom, but that's just me..

from purely logical point of view, if you choose not to chop, your son can make up his mind when he grows up.
    If you chop, that's that.
    Last edited by Jester666; 09-22-2005 at 04:44 PM.

GreenspyGSXR
    Chopy Chop Chop Chop......useless and unclean!

Becoming Insane Array CorvetteBoy's Avatar
    Bike
    Nagasaki XXRR
    I want everyone to remember this poll the next time some sap starts a thread on whether they should get a blue bike or a red bike or should they wear a hat or not or whatever. This one is the new hall of shamer.

Former champ:

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...highlight=poll

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    Bike
    - unknown
    If it was useless we as humans would have evolved to not being born with it. Think of it like the sheath of a sword... You wouldn't just toss your sword willy-nilly now would you?

I'm uncut and that fueled our decided not to circumcise our son... besides how hard would that be to explain to my little guy why he doesn't look like dad?
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

Bike
    None right now...
    There is no medical reason that a healthy baby boy should be subjected to genital mutilation. Parents are capable of washing the boy until he's old enough to wash himself, and we all know that the boy will have fun washing himself after that.

There is no evidence that the risk of infection due to not circumcising outweighs the risk of infection due to the circumcision itself, in fact the opposite held true last time I looked.

This question is as silly as asking if someone would circumcise their daughter.
    ---
    My Picasa Album

Registered User Array Jester666's Avatar
    Bike
    1966 Honda Dream305 1976 Honda CB550
    Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteBoy
    I want everyone to remember this poll the next time some sap starts a thread on whether they should get a blue bike or a red bike or should they wear a hat or not or whatever. This one is the new hall of shamer.

Former champ:

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...highlight=poll

nonono
    weiner cutting is an important issue. I say the hat-ass thread holds firm.

Bike
    None right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTested
    If it was useless we as humans would have evolved to not being born with it.
    Let's see... Pinky toes (tell me you really need them to walk), facial hair (well, any body hair, for that matter, we've been living in heated environments for a couple of thousand years and we haven't evolved to be bald yet), and let's not forget that many of us have had our appendices removed with no ill effects.

There's lots of things that are useless on our bodies, that we still have. It doesn't change my opinion that we shouldn't be mutilating children.
    ---
    My Picasa Album

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    There is no medical reason that a healthy baby boy should be subjected to genital mutilation.
    This question is as silly as asking if someone would circumcise their daughter.
    Point #1. Yes, it reduces your prostate cancer risk due to lower urinary tract infections.

Point #2. Female circumcision is the total removal of a clitoris, the same does not apply here.

Your debate is weak.

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Obviously it's you and your wifes call but since your asking what we'd do I would have it done if I had a boy.

Church doors are always open to whoever wants to enter, but they're only open to those who are willing to be sheep. The service of God is really service to those self-proclaimed holy men who hold the franchise. Accumulating material grandeur is the goal, not the improvement of the people's lives. Independent thought is discouraged. Raising the individual up is not part of the plan; keeping the flock docile, distracted, and deluded is what it's all about.
    -Joshua Armstrong

Bike
    VTR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth
    Point #1. Yes, it reduces your prostate cancer risk due to lower urinary tract infections.
    I thought that was more of an old wives tale and that the latest studies haven't shown any correlation with prostate cancer. Kent, what have you read?

I agree, the analogy with a clitoris doesn't hold, but foreskin still has a lot of nerves that contribute to sexual pleasure. Cutting it off means less feeling.

I think it's there for a reason.

So, my vote is no.

Bike
    06 CBR600RR, 07 CRF150R
    if we were created in God's image then isn't kinda rude to be slicing things off at birth?
    one six two seven eight nine