Thread: wheels?

Registered User Array Miteorite's Avatar
    Richmond, BC

Sup guys

How much does it usually cost to get a new set of wheels + tires? My dad's DR350 is running 18" rear and 20" front, with knobby tires. He wants to go with something more appropriate for the street. Something cheap and good?

2. Remove Advertisements

5thgear ALWAYS has the best prices on tires.

A couple of Suzukis
    I wouldn't bother getting new wheels mite, just tyres should do the job. Check out this thread for some recommendations: http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=55986

Those are all tyres that should fit the stock 18/21 rims. And like Thor said, check out 5th Gear for both advice and low prices.

Getting new 17" rims would be a waste of money for that bike. Good 'sportsman' tyres might run you a couple hundred bucks - supermoto rims and tyres are gonna be in the $1500 range (give or take a couple hundred bucks). A larger front rotor might help too, for street riding. That'll be another couple hundred, or less.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    I outcorner sportbikes in the Medium group at BB with my DR350 and the smoother road oriented rubber.

I agree. Just tell him to get good rubber for it.

For that matter I dragged my toes in a turn with the knobby Pirelli MT21's once too. Mind you it was more of a drop in and then stand up sort of right hand turn but the tires didn't squirm or slip at all.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.