swing arm tinkering

Thread: swing arm tinkering

japanese vt250 integra

swing arm tinkering

i think the year after my bike they started putting discs in the rear. so my rear rim has the integram drum buisness. do you think a newer rim would fit?

the 84+ interceptors look structurally identical to my bike. my whell is also pretty narrow, did the 750s have wider rims? if so do you think a swingarm swap would be possible? i guess the shock would probably have to be changed, but if i found a bike that either wasnt running/no engine/ smashed front, do you think this might be a good project?

2. Remove Advertisements

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    You basicallly need the whole back end of some sort of donor bike. I seriously doubt the 750 will do it for you. I'd be willing to bet that the tire size is larger in both width and diameter and that the swingarm is wider where it counts.

Financiallly it makes more sense to just ride what you have now then sell it and move on sooner. The money you save by not doing this mod will let you make the jump to a newer bike that much sooner and with less emotional ties.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.