Coffee / espresso places?

Thread: Coffee / espresso places?

XR650R Sumo

Coffee / espresso places?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions for really good coffee places, except not in downtown or commercial area. Problem is... really like good coffee but is seems that this is reserved for some of the busier areas. Does anybody know of some good places to go in perhaps the Port Moody, Burnaby, New West, Coquitlam areas. No, I'm not talking about Starbucks and the like (no offence to Starbucks people - I go there a lot too)... I'm thinking something more along the lines of Mario's or Calabria or Caffè Artigiano, but somewhere that doesn't involve going downtown. Any suggestions? This one is for all you coffee snobs out there.

I wish.
    I'm not a coffee drinker. But a friend of mine swears by this place. It's down on 1st and Cypress just off of Burrard sorta getting into the west side of Vancouver.

I can't remember the name, but it's right on the corner. It's a little Italian cafe. I've spent much time there devouring the food as it's possibly the best for the price. The atmosphere is different depending on the time of day. But it seems to be a 'regular' crowd that usually attends.
    BCSB- Administrator

Flying Amazon
    At 6th Ave and 6th Street in New Westminster there is a Blends shop which has pretty decent coffee. There is also a couple of other shops (including Starbucks) within that block so you could have your choice. I like Blends way better than Starbucks because thier coffee doesn't have that bitter burnt taste.