oh, wow im f*cked
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: oh, wow im f*cked

. Array
    Bike
    bike

oh, wow im f*cked

Alright long story short, got in a huge fight with the rents and I'm getting kicked out at the end of november. They've said this MANY MANY times, but im pretty sure I've pulled the final straw this time. Thus being said I think this is finally my motivation to do something I've always wanted to do, move to Australia for 6 or so months. Have any of you done this, cuz I could really use some pointers from anyone who has! Thnx!!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    03 SV650S/DR350E
    Quote Originally Posted by dothedr3w
    Alright long story short, got in a huge fight with the rents and I'm getting kicked out at the end of november. They've said this MANY MANY times, but im pretty sure I've pulled the final straw this time. Thus being said I think this is finally my motivation to do something I've always wanted to do, move to Australia for 6 or so months. Have any of you done this, cuz I could really use some pointers from anyone who has! Thnx!!
    Do you have a job, or any savings?
    RIP Julia, our shining light

Bike
    CBR600F4i SOLD!
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy
    Do you have a job, or any savings?
    yah, i was thinkin you'll need some cash to go down to australia. I didn't find it super cheap but doable with savings or a job down there. Seems fairly ez to get a job in the tourist towns. Lots of Cdns in Cairns and Brisbane ... would definetly be fun too ..
    My Photo Gallery!

R.I.P. Danimal

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    My sister lived there for a year by picking grapes a few times. Seemed like there were lots of under-the-table jobs for travellers.

Free R. Kelly! Array vincenzo888's Avatar
    Bike
    some kind
    a good buddy of mine went there for a year on a work visa. if i remember the rules correctly, you need to have a certain amount of cash saved up and you have to prove it with bank account statements. also you have to be under 30 (i think). but other than that it's not too hard. you do have to apply for the work visa and that might take time. so if you have to be out by end of november, you'd have to get cracking asap.

. Array
    Bike
    bike
    ive got a job, no savings tho i might bargain with the rents to tough it out until the end of december, and id obviously try and pick up a job down there and ahhhh im not quite 19, oct 27 is m bday! can you tell me more about this work visa! thnx for all the input everyone!

doug
    ask the australian consulate about work permits. don't screw around with opinions here.

you'll end up going to the consulate anyways, so start there and do it right.

*D*
    u can get a work visa if u're 25 or under

Bike
    r6 track slut
    Quote Originally Posted by doug
    ask the australian consulate about work permits. don't screw around with opinions here.

you'll end up going to the consulate anyways, so start there and do it right.

Werd! I was JUST looking into this kind of thing, through HRDC's working abroad section. You can apply for something called a....fuck, can't remember. But it's basically saying that you plan on staying for 6-12 months and are working only to supplement your travelling expenses. Age req. is something like 18-30. Gotta fire off a letter to the aussie consulate asking for an application form. All you need is a passport and a round trip ticket.

How many poser points? Array Spraxxx's Avatar
    Bike
    '03 R6
    I have always wanted to do something like this. damn car and bike payments!
    Said best by Bob and Doug Mackenzie - HOSER!

Bike
    CBR600F4i SOLD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxxx
    I have always wanted to do something like this. damn car and bike payments!
    sell em ...
    My Photo Gallery!

R.I.P. Danimal

Antares
    One of my friends did this, she had a fantastic time, but don't expect it to be a vacation. She travelled all over Oz staying at hostels, and working temp jobs. She'd work a few days, go sightseeing and partying a few days, on and off like that. Her hostel chores involved frying bedbugs and their eggs on the bunks using a propane torch, but she did get to work at MotoGP and got to meet a couple racers.

Bike
    Want to sell your bike?
    Make, model, mileage and year please.

Bike
    2002 SV650S Ghost
    The term for a visa for 6-12 months, mainly for travel, secondary is to work to pay for it is called a "working holiday visa". Very popular. Depending on the country, requires a degree, and for you to be young. I don't know Australia, but I do know Japan. Good luck. Took me half a year to prepare, but I could've gone in a month if I really had to.

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    I met a guy at BCIT years ago, a pretty good guy. He told me he used to be an 18 year old pothead, no ambition, barely made it out of high school.

His (single) mom got tired of feeding him, and watching him laze around the house so she bought him......a one way plane ticket to Australia.

So he took it. No money, no job, never worked before, and didn't realize any of this till after his first few days off the plane

Took him a year or so to save up the money to catch a flight home, a heck of a lot wiser and all grown up. He was ten times more driven than any of the other kids I met there.

In short, go. Don't be afraid, you'll figure it out.