Safty wiring

Thread: Safty wiring

Bike
    2005 FZ6

Safty wiring

does anyone know where I can obtain information on what needs to be safty wired and how to do it? or can I bribe someone to help??
    WMRC #749

THE WORLD IS GOING CRAZY
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'"

-Chris Rock

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    The Westwood club and Washington club both have details on what. www.wmrc.bc.ca and www.wrrma.com

And I heartily recomend a small drill press and decent press vice. It makes the job a painless no brainer and a drill press will come in very handy for other track bike needs. Even the small bargain presses will work well for most bike applications. But if you can afford the room and weight then the medium bench models are tops and have so many other uses around the shop.

Imperial has the wire and special pliers if you didn't already know. And I think you can get them at KMS as well but I'm guessing on that one.

After that it's just some planning and common sense.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bomax Motorsports
    From years of racing experience - give me a call if you need a hand or PM me and I will see what I can do to help you out.

Track Day Wh0re Array eg_hybrid's Avatar
    Bike
    All the kings horses
    you can get the saftey wire device/tool for $35. (got mine at KMS tools)
    about $22 for saftey wire. (from m-speed)

dont get a shop to do it! I got "ALL BIKES" in rmd to do it and they cross-threaded a bolt into my frame (when removing the fairings). After that i decided i'll do all my own work (geting R. Okuchi to show me how).

it def helps getting someone who knows how to saftey wire do the first couple and you finishing the rest.

Originally posted by TeeTee
    The Westwood club and Washington club both have details on what. www.wmrc.bc.ca and www.wrrma.com

And I heartily recomend a small drill press and decent press vice. It makes the job a painless no brainer and a drill press will come in very handy for other track bike needs. Even the small bargain presses will work well for most bike applications. But if you can afford the room and weight then the medium bench models are tops and have so many other uses around the shop.

Imperial has the wire and special pliers if you didn't already know. And I think you can get them at KMS as well but I'm guessing on that one.

After that it's just some planning and common sense.

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    I bought my wire from Imperial and my pliers from some hardware store in langley but I got my bike safety wired at BOMAX and they did a great job especially since I didn't have the time, drill or press.....
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur