BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Does anyone know any details about the kawi accident on Kingsway?

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  g_spyder91 
#1 ·
I saw a bike (probably late 90s green, white, and purple tail 7R) down on Kingway at 8:00am just next to the Royal Oak's fitness world. There were three cruisers blockading the fallen bike, and the rider was no where in sight. I think it might have been a low side evident from widespread shattered parts of the bike on the road, and there was no car in sight. Maybe the rider tried to trim speed to take a right on Kingsway, but it slipped. I just hope the rider is OK. If anyone knows any further info please post up details. Thnx

G
#9 ·
VTwinVince said:
A colleague of my girlfriend's is the lady who hit the Kawi, the usual scenario of a cager making a lane change without looking, and it was dark and raining. Apparently the rider is in bad shape, with the possibility of paralysis.:banghead

oh man that would suck

#10 ·
I happen to work around the corner from where that accident was. A couple of us ride, which made several of our co-workers a bit worried seeing that as they arrived to work. It changed to near office wide panic when I called in to tell my boss that I'd be delayed because I'd just been in an accident on my bike!

The Kawi wasn't me, I dumped my nearly brand stinking new Bandit 650 on the #1 near Kensington while changing into the centre lane from the HOV. I thihnk I hit a patch of oil/water, there was no warning, just "kaboom". Case busted, fairing munched, clutch handle snapped and some other assorted bits and bobs. ICBC is checking it over and I'll find out the end result next week. I was wearing all the right gear, so only a sore hip/thigh and a sore elbow. The frame sliders that I ordered with, paid for and have been waiting for despite repeated promises would have made the accident only embarassing rather than expensive...grrrrrrr.

#11 ·
Boydfish said:
I happen to work around the corner from where that accident was. A couple of us ride, which made several of our co-workers a bit worried seeing that as they arrived to work. It changed to near office wide panic when I called in to tell my boss that I'd be delayed because I'd just been in an accident on my bike!

The Kawi wasn't me, I dumped my nearly brand stinking new Bandit 650 on the #1 near Kensington while changing into the centre lane from the HOV. I thihnk I hit a patch of oil/water, there was no warning, just "kaboom". Case busted, fairing munched, clutch handle snapped and some other assorted bits and bobs. ICBC is checking it over and I'll find out the end result next week. I was wearing all the right gear, so only a sore hip/thigh and a sore elbow. The frame sliders that I ordered with, paid for and have been waiting for despite repeated promises would have made the accident only embarassing rather than expensive...grrrrrrr.
Glad to hear you are ok. I hope we get to hear more good newz about the rider on Kingsway as well just like your case. Riding in this weather needs a lot of patience and (strategic) thinking before hand. One wrong abrupt move and your off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.