BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

New Dunlops...

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Defaulthonda 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Just wondering how these will be accepted ?

Worth a try ? i am currently quiet pleased with my Pilots & was looking at giving the Diablos a shot next as there looks to be a possible price break with them.

Yet now i see Dunlop might be back in the game with their new "Qualifiers".

Any comments?

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/pdf...ess Intro.pdf (this is a PDF so give it time to dowload)

or go here http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/ and click on the Qualifier Tires

#6 ·
From what I've seen on paper/web and 2 wheel tuesday :D they are the direct replacement for 208's in Dunlops price per performance strata of products... The info on sites claim them to be superior performers in both wet and dry and have a slightly longer life due to evolution in compound development and from cut and pattern they are closer in design/compound to a race tire than 'traditional' street tires (what ever that means these days)... But thats all press and mag speak, I say get Dunlop to sponsor some 'field' testing by joe average riders IRL riding and get their reviews, then we'd know :p

They're supposed to launch in Jan of next year so doesn't surprise me that they don't show up yet retail sites.

#8 ·
tires

the second link works well. lots of info...that is what i am putting on my bike next year, right now i have a set of maxxis sportbike tires and they suck the big one...they corner like crap and they seem to make the bike unstable...it wanders around a lot...i hope these qualifiers will be my dream tire.

#12 · (Edited)
Ya I've got nothin bad to say about them or the Powers (other than didn't like the spongy feel). My point is it's not a fair test, tire tech has taken off in the last 2-3 years. The M1 are like 5 years old now and they still held up. For 06, Metzler has a M3 tire, Bridgestone has a BT015 and I know Pirrelli have somethin in the works (but it might be more for trackday than street). If you are going to do a comparo, I'd rather hear how new stacks up against new, than old rubber.

#13 ·
Read the tire test in this months Sport Rider. They are the next Pilot Power, had no problems with my old 208's, can only get better. Bad on milage though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.