SAT. Aug.31st - Accident between Whistler and Pemberton ?

Thread: SAT. Aug.31st - Accident between Whistler and Pemberton ?

BBQ Squadron Member Array Dark()Knight's Avatar
    BatCave in Van

SAT. Aug.31st - Accident between Whistler and Pemberton ?

Did anyone hear about an accident between Whistler and Pemberton around the 2-3pm timeframe.
    We were heading home at the time but traffic was backed up like crazy coming into Whistler???
    I hope everyone was okay ???
    Be Happy for this moment.... This moment is your life.

It is not about Anger,
    It's about Peace.
    It is not about Power,
    It's about Grace.
    It is not about knowing your enemy,
    It's about knowing yourself.

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array maninblack's Avatar
    14 Cbr1000rr / 13 S1000rr /13 Fury/07 ZX 10r
    hopefully not, cause remember it started to rain when we left
    and i saw a few groups heading up there too

it was at the top of suicide hill, where the northbound lane takes a fairly sharp left right at the top of the hill. someone went right off the (very high) edge right there. they either froze & rode straight off the edge or lowsided but hit the barrier hard enough to flip over it. a friend of a friend said the wreckage looked like an r1 (dont take that as meaning it WAS an r1 by any means) and it was scrunched into quite the little ball. not a good situation. i dont know details or the condition of the rider, just rumours.

2009 BMW F650GS
    As I was saying, I ended up riding to Pemberton following the wrong people and we saw a group of 3 bikes and the ambulanc stopped at a left hand corner. One bike looked like an R1 with chrome frame and chrome rims. I thought that a pic of this bike was on the website earlier in the year. The other bike looked like a yellow Honda. I didn't get a look at the third bike. The two people that I was following said they thought they saw a rider with blood on the side of his head so they figured that it wasn' t a major accident. As we got closer to Pemberton a cop and another ambulance went screaming past us to the accident. On my return to Whistler the three bikes were on the opposite side of the road and a policewoman was talking to the bikers. That's what I saw.

I hope no one was hurt... *worried look*

talked to the tow truck driver who pulled the bike up the slope yesterday afternoon. turns out the rider was ok. couple scrapes & bruises but nothing serious. apparently his body slid along the barrier a bit before he came to rest. only the bike went over. very lucky boy he was; glad to hear he was ok.

all that's needed to be known is that i got one... or do i?
    very lucky guy indeed, least he's ok... gotta b more careful