Rear Sprocket Sizes

Thread: Rear Sprocket Sizes

Who Is The Butta-man? Array Butter's Avatar
    White Rock
    Honda F4i 2001

Rear Sprocket Sizes

Just wondering on some opions on the difference in going 2 or 4 up in the rear sprocket? Also if anyones knows... if I decide that the 2 up just isn't enough, will I need to get a larger chain to go 4 up?

2. Remove Advertisements

Find out the difference by finding out the ratios.
    rear teeth divided by front teeth gives you your ratio.
    Compare both ratios, the now and the future ratios and figure out the % difference.
    You should not go more than 10% difference in your ratios, unless you want a super wheelie machine.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    You may get away with a two tooth change but 4 will almost certainly require a new chain.

One down in the front and two up on the rear would really make that front end lighter and fit the present chain. And it's not so extreme that it'll make the engine scream on the highway.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

damn broken leg!!!!!!! Array gixxer_76's Avatar
    2007 KX250 Ripper!!!!
    Down one on the front, up 8 on the rear. Then take her to Mission!
    Just like a twig, your leg will snap if you smash it into a wall with a 400 Lb bike @ 100+ Km/h. So just don't do it!

Learning the hard way. Array skroonk's Avatar
    Dumpsville. Population: You.
    I've got an '05 CBR600RR and I'd like to increase acceleration and drop my top speed. I can hit 115kph @ 15,000rpm in 1st so i was wondering what the best sproket setup would be for what I want. Any ideas?

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube ~ Hunter S Thompson.
    RideInPeace #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010) ~ First Moto2 Legend.