1989 Rz 350
This bike is an absolute blast to ride. There is very little in the world like being allowed out on public roads on a 2-stroke. I'm making room in my garage for my new Triumph Sprint RS, so something has to give. It's sort of sad selling your first bike, but I suppose the time comes for everything.
- 52,000 km
- I'm the second owner - I bought it in '92 with about 8K km on the clock
- Never raced
- Had pistons and rings done at about 25K km
- Had pistons and rings done again about 30km ago
- Just replaced reeds and powervalve coupler
- Needs crank rebuild - apparently it injested a piece of the roller bearing cage (??) and suffered a light seizure
- bike turns over - but needs one piston - bore is probably fine
- Minor low side on left with light cosmetic damage only
- $1000. Those of you familiar with the bikes know that the electrics alone are worth half this.
Email is the best way to get hold of me. Hit email@example.com with a message if you're interested.
My digital camera is away for a couple days, I'll post photos when it gets back.
Oh yeah. It costs me about $300 for 12 months of insurance. I love that ICBC under 400cc class!
As promised, here are the pictures. As you can see, there is some scuffing on the left side. I've included close ups of the two worst spots. I have a spare windscreen and nose fairing for it as well. The windscreen is in really good shape, and the nose fairing has some minor scuffs on it.
Let me know if you want higher resolution pictures, and I can e-mail them to you. (Specify HOW high res you want - especially if your inbox has a max size!)
This bike is sold. One of the less happy days in my life.