Fs: 1988 Ysr 50

Thread: Fs: 1988 Ysr 50

Black SC2

Fs: 1988 Ysr 50

Well, after a lot of debate, I'm going to let go of the YSR finally. It's been a wicked ride, and a terrific project, but I've got my eye on a house now, and need to scrape together as much $ as I can. Toys go first unfortunately.

The bike itself is a 1988 model year YSR 50. It has about 5600 original kms. There are about 120kms on a fresh top end, and thoroughly cleaned carb with carbon reeds as well. The gas tank has just been de-rusted and epoxy coated for years of trouble free riding.

It has a larger carb installed. 20mm Mikuni roundslide with K&N cone filter and removed airbox. There are Boyessen Dual Stage fibreglass reeds installed as well. With this setup it's got way more power than stock, and is gearing limited to about 100k. I still have the stock steel reeds, as well as some spares in both steel and fibreglass. I've also got the original intake assembly if you want a quieter ride.

I've adjusted the tail light to accomodate an aftermarket 2001 GSXR style tail section. Also, the front turn signals are aftermarket units, much smaller than stock.

The bike is freshly painted T2 flat black.

In short, this bike kicks ass. It's quite rare, especially with some of the mods on it now. It will run smoothly all the way up to about 90km/h, and with some patience, you can scrape 100 out of it. Fuel economy is great: about 450kms per 6 litre tank around town, and that's with it being ridden somewhat hard. It will start conversations everywhere you go, and help you meet all kinds of cool people. Everywhere I park it, somebody has a story about a friends cousin who had one when they were in college. It's pretty cool.

It's a fun commuter/ summer toy. Would also make a good bike for someone's kid to learn how to use a hand clutch/ manual shift setup.

As it sits, I will let the bike go at $2750, keeping in mind I'm now into the bike for about $3550, I think this is a fair price. If you want the completely stock intake setup instead, I will let it go for EDIT $2500 without carb kit

I've also got a parts and service manual on CD in .pdf format for down the road tuning.

These pics are pretty accurate, though the tail light now sits up under the tail section, allowing for proper plate mounting and an all around cleaner look.

Oh! If you're more than 6'1", don't bother, you're too tall!
    Last edited by Black SC2; 12-28-2005 at 11:05 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Black SC2

$2500 with stock carb/ intake setup.