who can

Thread: who can

Registered User Array

who can

i was wondering if you can do wheelies in 3rd gear on a 600 ,i have a 99 cbr 600 ,and i can wheelie through 1st & 2nd but have not tried 3rd ,maybe i have to get higher or closer to the balance point but i still feel the need to accelerate a bit by the time iam run out of gear in 2nd wheelieing iam doing 160 should i even try 3rd,i would like to be able to not go any faster just maintain the wheelie ,do those guys that do wheelies for like ever ,iam sure they dont keep accelerateing.
    Last edited by KWB!; 09-05-2002 at 08:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

tiz Red.
    Ive read on the R6 board a guy that can bounce up a 4th gear standup wheelie... so I guess its possible.
    BCSB- Moderator

Shift gears while wheelin, just put pressure on the shifter in high rpms... let off the gas a lil and it will shift u into third while still in the wheelie.

Course u know not to use the clutch...

rock the 40 oz Array FiSh_Extreme's Avatar
    06 636 / cbr900rr / cbr600f4i
    everyone got there own stlye, i always use the clutch....do what feels comfy, its all about being comfy, third gear on a 600....your gunna have to lift real dam hard

westcoast #1

R.I.P danimal, i will NEVER forget you man. 1982-2005

Chuck Norris once shot down a German fighter plane with his finger, by yelling,

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    none at the moment
    read my post , I saw it today , a guy bouncing once and the front comes up on a stock ZX6R in 3rd gear
    2010 can't affort a bike anymore
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 VFR
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.