BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Where the F*ck do I find a 22mm hex wrench?

6K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  flowrider 
#1 ·
As the title states. Where the f*ck do I find a 22mm hex wrench today? I've tried in no particular order: Lordco, Home Depot, Princess Auto, Carter Coq.

RMS - closed
Pac Yam - closed
Imperial - closed
BK - closed

Any other suggestions? I need to remove the front axle off my Kawi(=junk now) so I can do a front end switch over.

Help.

#28 ·
funny.. out of I dont know how many thousand Kawi owners that have tired the spark plug thing on my site, not one of them has ever had a problem. It's the standard solution to this issue.

Must be a vancouver thing? Bizzare cuz my shitty Sears sockets work just fine...

Just to clarify, you guys are telling me that if you turn your socket around and then insert an extender into the side where the spark plug would go, you cant get your driver on the end of that?

very strange indeed.

#29 ·
fish_antlers said:
funny.. out of I dont know how many thousand Kawi owners that have tired the spark plug thing on my site, not one of them has ever had a problem. It's the standard solution to this issue.

Must be a vancouver thing? Bizzare cuz my shitty Sears sockets work just fine...

Just to clarify, you guys are telling me that if you turn your socket around and then insert an extender into the side where the spark plug would go, you cant get your driver on the end of that?

very strange indeed.
Don't think so...I went through my brother's auto repair shop and six different 5/8" plug sockets later I found one that was bored right though to the 3/8" drive end. The other five had a round chamber with only a 1/4" round hole through the drive end. This was specifically tooled to hold the rubber grommet.

G
#30 ·

very strange indeed.
i don't know why people use the wrong tools for the job. must be a kawi thing.

#31 ·
Two of mine will fit backwards on the extension but the other two do not. But the two that don't are for the smaller plugs. Of the two that do fit onto the extension only one has a hex on the base and it's far too small to work without wedging into place and making a mess of things.

#32 ·
did you try the sockets on either side of the axle? there are two sizes of hexbolts. Loose the pinchbolts on the side of the axle that your reversed socket fits and keep them tight on the one that it doesnt fit.

as for the sockets not being machined through, that's something I've never heard of before.

#33 ·
fish_antlers said:
did you try the sockets on either side of the axle?.....
Yep, too big for one and far too small for the other. Hence the bit of careful grinding on the 7/8 allen key given to me by a buddy some years back.

#35 ·
fish_antlers said:
If you continue to have no luck, you can visit Cox Racing annd pick up their custom tool ( http://shopping.netledger.com/s.nl/c.ACCT110029/sc.2/category.1/.f ) Bikeland members get a discount.
I'm not a member. I got a tool. Did you not see the second post by ssblade? He suggested the right tool right away. I've tried all the other method to my dissatisfaction. I did search the best Kawi forum on the net for my bike. www.riderforums.com

I'm going to close my own thread now cuz this is just getting too painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.