I am completely inept when it comes to cooking, so I baked stuff for all the holiday potluck dinners I went to. Anyone else a cookie fan? Share your fave recipe.
Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Topping: 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, mixed together in a small bowl.
1. Preheat oven to 300 F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. Mix with a wire whisk.
3. In a large bowl, blend sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed.
4. Add butter to form a grainy paste, then add eggs and vanilla. Mix at medium speed until fluffy.
5. Add flour mixture and blend at low speed just until combined, don't overmix.
6. Roll little pieces of dough into balls (if the dough is too soft and sticky, just pop the bowl into the fridge for fifteen minutes).
7. Coat each dough ball in the cinnamon-sugar topping.
8. Place dough onto ungreased cookie sheets, space them out because they'll flatten as they bake. Bake for a little over 15 minutes, then immediately transfer cookies onto cooling racks.