ducati vs other bikes

Thread: ducati vs other bikes

ducati vs other bikes

whats the difference between ducati's vs japanese bikes like yamaha/honda/kawasaki etc? this is kind of a dumb question, but i dont know anything about ducat's besides they are expen$ive and have L shaped engines .

im guessing they are faster than jap bikes?

im just curious

2. Remove Advertisements

If you have to ask..........

in ur gf
    Whats the difference between a Ferrari and a Skyline GT-R?

theres your answer...
    Last edited by Mischa; 09-07-2002 at 12:24 AM.
    Rage. Its my drug of choice.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Actually you pay more for a bike that's not as fast.............

BUT, (there's always a but isn't there) there's a certain feel to a Duc that you have to experience to understand what makes them special. You may have heard that some test riders don't like Hondas because they feel so perfect that it's like they have no soul. (You Honda guys, please don't flame me here. I'm one of ya and I know the truth ) Now once you ride a Duc you would think the same thing about ALL japanese bikes.

The 900SS I had could be beaten in a drag race by any of the last couple of generation 600's. But the feeling of the Vtwin torque coming on as you roll out of a corner and the one finger braking that was very pratical thanks to the Brembo brakes and the super stable yet flickable steering make a believer out of you. It may not have been as fast as a Jap bike but what it did make was delivered very controllably and was always usable in the real world.

It had a certain inexplicable quality that kept me coming back to ride it every chance I got where the 9R would have been ridden about 1/2 as often............ Or maybe I was just smitten by the siren's call eminating from the Two Bros. exhaust as it echoed off the hills around Stave Lake...........
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

2001 ZX6R
    Ducatis....lol, I would like to think Ferrarris are more reliable....

but for me the perfect bike before seeing the Z1000 and NAS would have been an italian designed bike with japanese engineering...best of both worlds...

the new 999 - there is a complete review of the bike a very good one in Cycle Canada - a really good magazine everyone should subscribe too...
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur

This is bat country... Array The_Wedge's Avatar
    In between bikes
    Originally posted by Human

Cycle Canada - a really good magazine everyone should subscribe too...
    ya i second that

California dreamin' Array KatRider's Avatar
    Vancouver Island
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    There's also a review on the 999 in the latest issue of Motorcyclist too. It's written by the same guy who did the one in Cycle Canada (Alan Cathcart -- who obviously writes content for both magazines on a regular basis as he's been in both magazines numerous times before).