Just bought new Scorpion helmet. Love it!

Thread: Just bought new Scorpion helmet. Love it!

CBR F4

Just bought new Scorpion helmet. Love it!

Did a lot of searching over the suumer for a new lid. Loved Arai and Shoei but I simply dont have the bucks for those helmets...maybe one day. So I found Scorpion Helmets on the internet (www.scorpionusa.com) and really liked the features as well as the price ($199.99 USD) so I went and found some reviews that said that they were great helmets and were DOT and SNELL approved. The biggest problem is that they don't sell them in Canada.

So, I went for a ride down to Burlington during a sunny day in October to Skagit Motorsports to see what size would fit. I found that I'm a large, but they didn't have the colour I wanted. So I ordered it through www.motorcycle-superstore.com and received it the next day. Fits like a snug glove.

Took it for a test ride and it does do a little whistling with all the vents open, so I'll be spending some time finding which vents are the culprits.

I also got the areo chin skirt and the light smoke visor. The aero is great for keeping your chin warm and also helps with wind noise. My bike sounded very different while wearing this helmet .

Both the Clear and the Smoke Visors are great and don't fog very easily at all.

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase. If you are looking for a good helmet and you are on a tight budget, i would suggest looking at these. Now, if the weather would just warm up a little...

2. Remove Advertisements

Thats great.