I don't normally pay attention to the chain emails I get, but this one had me thinking - and I hope it does for a lot other people too, your thoughts?
My name is Alan Robberstad I am a Canadian. One voter out of millions of
Paul Martin is no friend of mine. Liberal governments have not made my
lifeany better. Liberal governments have made the future worse for my
Jean Chretien and the Liberal Party became Prime Minister many years ago.
Guess who was the Liberal Finance Minister.....Paul Martin...LEST WEFORGET
(1) My taxes have increased.
(2) My family's share of the national debt has increased.
(3) My personal expenses have increased.
(4) My waiting time to see a doctor has increased.
(5) My concerns for my family's safety have increased.
(6) My costs to educate my children have increased.
(7) Government interference in my life has increased.
(8) My personal debt has increased.
(9) My income has stayed more or less the same.
(10) My savings have decreased.
(11) The buying power of my dollar, in Canada, has decreased.
(12) The value of my dollar, in the U.S., has decreased.
(13) My trust of elected officials has decreased.
(14) My trust in the justice system has decreased.
(15 )My trust in the immigration system has decreased.
(16) My hope that a Liberal won't waste my tax dollars has decreased.
(17 )My dreams for a better future for my kids, in Canada, havedisappeared.
That is my story since the Liberals came to power.
I am not voting for Paul Martin's Liberals. I am voting against PaulMartin
and his Liberal Party in January.
I am voting for Stephen Harper and the Conservative Party.
Do I like the Conservatives? Not particularly......I don't really like
Politics. I am not political by nature. I am not passionate aboutpolitics.
I am a middle age guy (48). I live in a small house on a fairly quietstreet
in Edmonton. I have a wife, Kathy, and two children (ages 19 and 17). Ihave
no pets. I am a middle class man. I don't usually say too much.
Now I am going to say something!
In 35 of the past 37 years, Canada has been ruled by:
(1) Pierre Trudeau - a multi-millionaire lawyer from Quebec.
(2) Brian Mulroney - a multi-millionaire lawyer from Quebec.
(3) Jean Chretien - a multi-millionaire lawyer from Quebec.
(4) And now we are going to vote for Paul Martin???? - a multi-millionaire
lawyer from Quebec???
The leader of the Conservative party, Stephen Harper, is:
(1) Not a lawyer.
(2) Not a multi-millionaire.
(3) Not from Quebec.
Stephen Harper says that the Conservative party will:
(1) Reduce my taxes.
(2) Pay off the national debt as fast as they can.
(3) Shrink the size and influence of the federal government.
That's good enough for me. I'm going to give the Conservative party achance
with my vote.
But wait! Paul Martin is now saying the same thing. My mother told me
fortyyears ago: "Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me!"
The Liberals have had 34 years to be financially responsible. Remember,
JeanChretien was Trudeau's Finance Minister. Remember also, Paul Martin was
JeanChretien's Finance Minister. These people have been raising my taxes for
thirty four years. They have been mis-spending my tax dollars for 34years.
And now Paul Martin says he'll stop taxing and spending. No way. Each time
he opens his mouth,,he lies.
Thank you for reading my story so far!
Why am I telling my story to you?
Although I feel alone, I know that I am not alone. Your story may be
similarto mine. And you may also feel alone. One small voter in the midst of
millions of voters.
What can you and I do together to change things?
Here is my idea: Lets you and I join up together. Just you and I.
Together.As a small team of two.
How can you and I fight a huge political machine?
You and I have two things that we can use:
(1) Our individual personal connections.
(2) The Internet.
The Internet is supposed to be this globalizing tool, right? Let's put itto
I have 27 Canadians in my personal e-mail address book. I am sending this
e-mail to each of them.
I'm asking you to do two things:
(1) Forward this e-mail to every Canadian in your own address book.
(2) Vote against Paul Martin and the Liberal Party in January of nextyear.
Vote for the Conservative candidate in your riding.
I have probably written this e-mail too late. As I said I am notpolitically
adroit. I feel like Peter Finch, in the 1976 movie "Network", when he
shouted: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!"