Saying Goodbye, moving to Calgary
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saying Goodbye, moving to Calgary

Ringgdingdingdingdingding Array Bean's Avatar
    Near D/T Calgary (Bankview)
    Blue '89 RZ350 (street)

Unhappy Saying Goodbye, moving to Calgary

I'm moving to Calgary!

I just want to say, If it wasn't for this site. I wouldn't have met all the great people that I have over the past four years.

I will always remember all the great times and the bad; all the great rides, get togethers, parties, sushi, bubble tea, birthdays, Joey Tomatoes! racing at Mission, the Duffy Lake loop, go-carts.

To all my BCSB friends you know who you are and even the ones I've never met in person I will miss you but will never forget you. I'll still check into BCSB once in awhile to keep tabs on what's happening around here.

I went to Calgary for Christmas vacation and ended up getting a job, so I will be moving there in a week or two. So if you know me and are headed out to Calgary, send me a pm or an email!

I don't think I'll be racing the year, but I do plan on putting my RZ back on the street.

Also I will need a volunteer to take over my "Who's Racing this Year?" thread for 2006. Send Kim a pm I guess to take over the controls.

If you have a bike, RIDE IT, if not, stay home.

Blaine A.K.A. Bean
    R.I.P Bog and Julia. R.I.P. Cody

First Gen BCSB'er #549 -- Was WMRC #761 2005 -- If you have a bike, RIDE IT! If not, stay home. -- Do not click here ------> Click here

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    lower mainland
    I think there is a track out there. Have fun out there.
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Registered User Array Good old Pete's Avatar
    2010 Z1000
    Dude! Really you're taking off? What for... money, love?
    When speeding run from the cops, it's a lesser infraction.

Registered User Array mikeelliot's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    It will be fun!

Calgary is great.

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    - unknown
    The chinooks are great, not so sure about the other 50 weeks of the year though
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    Really sorry to hear this, buddy. It's been awhile since I've seen you post much, but you'll always be on the top of many of our lists when we think of the pioneer members of this website.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

ignorance + apathy Array BikeInBlack's Avatar
    the valley
    outside Starbuck
    Hey Bean ... sad to hear you are leaving but happy to know that you are starting a new page in your life. Calgary is a great city, I lived there for 6 months and still have goods friends there. I moved back after experienced a huge snow storm in the middle of summer ... remember to order a set of "snow tires" for the bike .

Wish you ALL the best!

Oh ... we'll miss your "duck tape keen sliders" ... LOL
    Last edited by BikeInBlack; 01-08-2006 at 11:12 AM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." ... Albert Einstein

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    SV 1000s
    With the exception of two weeks of -20 weather, its been temperature wise, almost as warm there as it has been here, except that its SUNNY instead of a DULL CONSTAND GRAY ..... I might be moving there too for work.

dirt pig
    and don't forget Big Ralf K. and the cost of living. Most of my crew moved to A.B its a great place for a young family and those seeking fortune (not to mention bountiful hot blonde girls)...good luck!
    "Shoot to thrill play to kill
    Too many women too many pills"

2002 SV650S Ghost
    Good luck out there.

2008 Beemer (touring)
    Blaine, sorry to hear that you're leaving for Calgary. Try & make it back for one race this year. Who am I going to try and catch up with now?

I can take over the "who's racing this year" thread...

Good luck & see you again, I'm sure.
    Taking It to the Track

WMRC Racer #911 (retired)
    PCMRC Racer #911 (retired)

calgary has a nationals caliber track

Fraser Valley
    I'll never forget the sound of your bike..............

...............................................sli ding across the parking lot beside Carter Coquitlam. I was thinking... "oh shit, who just dumped their bike??? they're gonna be an unhappy camper, and this day is ruined for someone" and looking over my shoulder to see you sliding and rolling straight back up and running to pick it up... You weren't even phased by it. I don't recall you riding it again, cuz I think you busted a few things on it. But you still had high spirits and we all played the rest of the day. And I think everyone slowed down a bit after that too.

Best of Luck with your move and new job. I've never been to Calgary but I've heard of many people loving it there. I'll be out that way for Nationals in July - if I think of it I'll send you PM and you can cheer on your fellow BCer's if you have time.

2002 ZX6R
    Good luck to ya Blaine!!

Ex-Team X-Trojan Member

Past Bikes: CM450E, '00 F4, '01 929, '03 GSXR1000/'03 GSXR 750(Katie's), '02 ZX6R (current)

closer than you think
    NONE--911 C2
    good luck and farewell my friend... make shure your take some litre bike squids down with your RZ!!!

R.I.P. Dan and Cody

Forever in my mind, forever in my thoughts, forever in my heart