north cascades/osoyoos

Thread: north cascades/osoyoos

Registered User Array
    port coquitlam
    2007 Suzuki DL650 V-strom

Cool north cascades/osoyoos

Just returned from our annual Okanagan trip. What a blast ! Most of the summer traffic was gone and the weather was sunny and clear.

5 bikes - My new Suzuki V-strom, plus a Ducati ST-2,
    BMW K1200RS, Suzuki TL1000S, & Honda 929 Fireblade

As expected, the TL & 929 are the hot-rods of the bunch. The other 3 were very close in performance with the V-strom feeling stronger during passing roll-ons. The BMW feels like a bullet train that could mow down honda civics; and it is so smooth you need to watch the tach to see whats happening. The ST2 with pipes and a chip is like driving a muscle car; with great ergonomics. Of course, I am partial to my V-strom; the combination of power, handling, fuel economy (52mpg), range, 300km+ per tank, and comfort, confirms I made the right choice when I traded my DR650.

On our return trip along the hope princeton, we took the old Hedley road for some fun in the curves. I highly recommend it to combat highway boredom. Will post a more complete trip report when the photos arrive(including the anarchist mountain climb out of Osoyoos)

2. Remove Advertisements

2K9 ZX-6R
    I should have bought a VStrom. I started to really like the bike after I got over the looks, actually, the looks are starting to grow on me.
    Your Anguish Sustains Me