rule change recap

Thread: rule change recap

Registered User Array theboyracer6's Avatar
    Bike
    03 crf 450 moto

rule change recap

at the end of last season there were some changes to the rules regarding header wrap, stock exhaust, fairing and air intake insuilation, also front sprocket covers.
    I am setting up my new race bike and am wondering weather all these rules are still in effect for the 2006 season. if there is a list on the site somewere could someone let me know. thanks, Treharne.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Supersport classes will require stock exhausts. All classes will have a maximum peak reading of 88 db and an average of 86 db. The header wrap requirements have been changed. Aftermarket headers must be wrapped. Stock headers do not. All fairings, intakes and airboxes must also be insulated. Front sprocket covers must be present and insulated as well. The rules are more flexible in some regards but you must really do a good job (and possibly go beyond the requirements) if you intend to race superbike or formula classes with an aftermarket exhaust.

We've come a long way with sound but that's because of the rules. It will always be something that we need to be cognisent of but as long as we continue being as quiet as we've been, we should be safe.