WSB at Assen

Thread: WSB at Assen

Super Addict Array
    Bike
    Want an appliance? Buy Japanese.

WSB at Assen

Best races of the year with incredible happenings that shook up the standings. The last round is Sept 29th at Imola for all the marbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2005 FZ6
    I would like to see race one at Imola Bayliss first, Edwards second, then in race two have the reverse happen so Edwards wins the championship by 1 point. I am glad SBK has gotten a lot closer, it was pretty boring at the beginning of the year with bayliss winning everything.

Who says paint doesn't make a difference, ever since Edwards came out with the new paint job at Laguna he has been unstoppable.
    WMRC #749

THE WORLD IS GOING CRAZY
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'"

-Chris Rock

Bikeless in Coquitlam Array davet's Avatar
    Bike
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R
    More than just a paint job. Here's a shot of Edwards' teamate's bike in the pits at Oschersleben. Didn't get a good shot of Colin's bike. Looks like they went back to dual pipes.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    That's what I was thinking...it's the luck of the dual pipes. He had dual pipes two seasons ago when he won the championship...and since he's gone back to them, he's been winning. But I think at Laguna he still had a single can (?)...it was at the Suzuka 8hr race that they went back to the dualies, and he hasn't lost yet.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Registered User Array
    Bike
    pinto
    edwards... edwards.. edwards...

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    I wonder if they would mind giving me one of their rear tire rims, they seem to have lots...
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur

California dreamin' Array KatRider's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Originally posted by Digi168
    Who says paint doesn't make a difference, ever since Edwards came out with the new paint job at Laguna he has been unstoppable.
    I think it has more to do with all the new go fast goodies HRC gave him since the Suzuka 8 hour endurance race. If only he had those parts earlier. Of course, the fact that they waited and the championship points race has tightned up considerably makes the last round at Imola that much more interesting.

I wonder with his preformance the last few rounds if CE is now rethinking his rumoured move to Ducati next year?

Bikeless in Coquitlam Array davet's Avatar
    Bike
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R
    Originally posted by Human
    I wonder if they would mind giving me one of their rear tire rims, they seem to have lots...
    If it's rims you want.....how bout some tires with that!

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    Originally posted by KatRider
    I think it has more to do with all the new go fast goodies HRC gave him since the Suzuka 8 hour endurance race. If only he had those parts earlier. Of course, the fact that they waited and the championship points race has tightned up considerably makes the last round at Imola that much more interesting.

I wonder with his preformance the last few rounds if CE is now rethinking his rumoured move to Ducati next year?
    There has been much speculation, but Edwards has not yet announced that he will ride for Ducati next year. If he does go...

There are only three riders that have performed consistently this year: Bayliss, Edwards, and (to a lesser extent, aided by some bad luck) Hodgson.

Bayliss will be riding the Ducati MotoGP bike next year, so he's gone. Hodgson is a good rider, but he is a Dunlop rider--he'll be coping with the adjustment to Michelin tires and he's never won outside of Britain. Edwards is the best rider right now--he certainly knows how to set up the bike, so I believe he will almost certainly win (or retain) the title no matter which bike he rides. Remember, the Duc will be a new next year and certainly won't be any worse than this year's bike. Also, Honda won't have a rider (to replace Edwards) that has a genuine shot at the title.

Super Addict Array
    Bike
    Want an appliance? Buy Japanese.
    I'm wondering if HRC has even comitted to running in WSB next year?

www.bcstunters.com Array skid-mark's Avatar
    Bike
    Преве́д
    I can't wait till they get the litre inline 4s in those races... you can kiss your V-twins goodbye :P