Helmet safe after (small) impact???

Thread: Helmet safe after (small) impact???

Helmet safe after (small) impact???

does anyone know how to tell whether a helmet has any internal cracks in it?? i heard u can x-ray it to see if the helmet is still structurally sound. does anyone know what this involves and/or where u can get this done? helmet doesn't look too bad from the outside, and i wanna find out if its still safe to use.

2. Remove Advertisements

Vancouver, BC
    2002 Honda CBR600 F4i Yellow/Black
    Usually you can send the helmet back to the manufacture for x-raying. Or phone up some shops and ask where can you get it done locally.

anyone know any shops where i can get this done? approximate cost? reliability?

04 Ducati Multistrada
    What kind of impact? Was your head in it at the time of impact, or did you drop it?

If your head was in the helmet when it hit the ground then replace it. The inner liner is designed to absorb the energy from an impact, but unfortunately only once. If you simply dropped it, or it fell off your seat then chances are it's OK.
    WMRC Tech Inspector

Track Day Wh0re Array eg_hybrid's Avatar
    Port Moody
    All the kings horses
    Arai, Shoei, Suomy etc. inspect crashed helmets for FREE. You just have to pay for shipping costs to get there.

IMO, it's not worth running unless it was dropped (around waist level) with NO head in it. You can't put a price on your brain...

Habitual Excessive Speedr Array Blade's Avatar
    1993 VFR750F
    i heard if you send your helmet back to the manufacturer for xraying there is a possibility they will keep it, something to do with liability reasons,, maybe this is an urban myth or something but i'd check into it b4 i sent my property away.....
    02 S3 955i
    93 VFR750F
    98 'blade
    97 TL1000s
    96 'blade
    95 YZF750R
    94 'blade
    93 'blade
    91 FZR600