Where/How much for Tune up!?

Thread: Where/How much for Tune up!?

Bring on the sun Array Bandit_Ryder's Avatar
    Bike
    Yes

Where/How much for Tune up!?

Springs coming soon...I need to tune up my bike it's running like shit. Needs EVERYTHING done to it - spark plugs, all fluids, etc etc....

Where's the best place to go?

Where's the cheapest...

What will they do to it? (what does the tune-up include?)

I'll probably do the oil change myself and get them to do everything else how much am I looking at? So far I'm just taking it to 5th gear...is there anywhere better/cheaper?
    R.I.P. Danimal

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Tard.
    5th gear is prob your best bet. Although Imperial also gets praise among many members.

Bike
    The Mighty One
    A tune up can be a lot of things. It really depends on why it's running like shit and how long it takes them to do it. Is your bike carbuerated? A clean and balanace is likely with a bike that's been sitting around.

ssblade
    i usually just rev the bikes really high out back for a bit and then check the muffler bearings for you.

Bike
    Yes
    It's fuel injected....

It's not running like crap from sitting it's running like crap because it needs a tune up and I ride her hard....it needs oil, spark plugs, everything....
    R.I.P. Danimal

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    Bike
    - unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade
    i usually just rev the bikes really high out back for a bit and then check the muffler bearings for you.

You must work at HoleShot then
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

Bike
    Yes
    Don't fuck up my thread....

Where should I go and how much?

5th gear = cheapest?
    R.I.P. Danimal

Now accepting DONATIONS! Array PilotPete's Avatar
    Bike
    '98 YZF R1
    worst post ever....Matt, go to Bill at 5th gear and get him to deal with your issues for you! Have some bloody shop loyalty will ya?!

Oh yeah, and the general maintenance that you should be taking care of regularly: plugs, clean filter air/oil, oil changes regularly, coolant flush, brake fluid, keep an eye on brake pads, tire pressures, chain tension, chain lubing, fork fluid (yes hydraulic fluid breaks down), overall cleanliness, wheel bearings, head bearings, valve adjustment etc just to name a few!

I'd say you get what you pay for in this world...if you're looking for the absolute cheapest go to some backyard mechanic around the corner from where you live, if you'd like the bike to perform well and safely for when you "ride her hard" then go to a proper shop and see what they recommend doing to it! It may cost you a bit but good maintenance is better than no maintenance!!

Oh yeah, and don't take this post the wrong way....just trying to help you a bit.
    Sex is like driving a honda: Slow, Obscene, and so loud it wakes your neighbors!

Bike
    Yes
    Naw I was gonna take it to Bill anyways....most shops are kinda gay....5th gear is a chill place- you know I don't go anywhere else...haha....just wanted to hear prices from other places to compare....and was curious what all they do...

Gotta tune my baby up so I can ride the shit outta her again and she won't break down on me! haha
    R.I.P. Danimal