Buell Blast no bs or rumours pls
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buell Blast no bs or rumours pls

matty67

Buell Blast no bs or rumours pls

Im lookin at gettin one of these bikes, but ive heard many horror stories of the reliability (or lack there of) for these bikes.
    I dont wanna spend more time wrenchin than i do riding so i need some hard facts about actual experience. Im in kelowna so we dont have a Buell dealer here but im not sure if thats a nessessity.

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

ssblade
    anyone wanting a buell blast needs to have their head examined especially after claiming they know about known problems. good luck in all your ventures.

noob
    The natural question is do you have any particular reasons for wanting a buell and not others?

Bike
    DRZ-SM
    From my experience, the Blast isn't a very reliable bike. I would recommend a GS500 or Ninja 500 instead. However, the Lightning and Firebolt are quite nice, but they're a big leap up from the Blast.

;D

Bike
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    Yes, the Buell Blast-apart. It's my understanding you should avoid that model.
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    If you're wanting a beginner bike to use as a stepping-stone to another Harley or Buell, you'll probably get a good trade-in (I think there used to be a guaranteed trade-in value if you bought the Blast new and then traded it on another Harley within a certain amount of time). If you'll be riding something else, I think the Jap bikes are better options.
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

StagnantWaterPo
    I don't know much at all about them, I'll admit it. But I remember talking to one guy about his Blast when he was getting a new front tyre at Carter. And he said he couldn't ride it in the rain, because the couple times he tried his fuses went because water got into them too easily. I thought that was pretty hurting.

FAROH
    i think even buell said the blast was junk .get a XB if you need to have a buell

Bike
    The blast has no Belt adjustments or tensioning.
    You'll have to replace the belt often.
    That itself is quite stupid.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    I knew someone who owned a Blast, and sole reason she bought it was because of the very low seat height. Otherwise, she said the bike was crap.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    Early blast models had huge quality issues.

There are dozens of websites, forums, groups dedicated to the unreliability of said bike and the idiotic treatment of customers by buell/HD.

But if youre absolutely hell bent on a blast, find and read up as much as you can about it, (ie, seek the best/worst model years, mods needed to make it reliable, common problems, etc.), and then dive into it. At least you wont be in for too many suprises that way, and you might enjoy the bike for what it was intended for.

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    Good read from an XB9r owner...do a word search fore blast.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...3&postcount=31

Registered User Array
    Bike
    looking for one
    the bike is fucking tiny
    my knees were hitting the handle bars and im 5'11"
    i dont knwo much about them mechanicly but unless you are small its not going to fit you

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    Blast are great, get one and I'll make you a good deal on fixing and servicing it. Even better get 10 of your friends to buy one so we can stay busy all summer. Thanks in advance

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    Bike
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole
    hahaha..all you ppl are going to make him cry and leave the board, lol! At leat this time its not me.ahahahah
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit Asphaltjunkiez.com
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.