Where to get fasteners?

Thread: Where to get fasteners?

noob

Where to get fasteners?

Broke the plastic fastener that holds the right upper fairing of my 600rr. Where can i get a replacement for it? Im hoping there are places other than honda which would not charge me something ilke 50bux........

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Ebay, General Fasteners, KMS Tools look for the automotive ones , some may fit your bike.

ssblade
    ask mechanics in the back of shops............

Bike
    05 600RR
    yea... I broke mine too! also lost one for the lower fairing stupid clips haha...

Jackie Chan's stuntdouble Array Motorcycle Man's Avatar
    Bike
    CBR600 F4
    Just go to the dealer. They may want a few bucks for it, but it's not worth running all over town to find them cheaper if you only need one.

Rock bottom here I come Array Dalma's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda VFR800
    Are you talking about the black plastic push clips? The one's on my VFR were about 5 bucks each at a honda store. I was told that Saturn dealers have a similar clip that is much much cheaper.

Bike
    RC
    You can get them from places like Wurth (might have to buy a bag of 100).

Which one is it, the knob you pull out (clip NH-1), or the kind you press in the center (trim clip)?

noob
    I think it is the trim clip. its black and you press down to release the lock and pull it out. You take this out to get access to the toolbox (its on the right upper side near the gastank of the bike).

Bike
    RC
    I usually pay $3 for those, but I get 4 at a time. If you push in the center to remove you shouldn't break it unless it's totally played.

You could look at a more durable quick release if you're always in there. Something like a Dzus fastener maybe. I haven't seen that particular bike under the skin so I don't know if a metal fastener is appropriate, or if you should stick with plastic.

Bike
    None right now...
    When I broke one on the VFR, I took the matching one from the other side to Lordco and found one that would fit the same place, but was a heftier design. Honda seems to either use cheap-ass plastic or just really poorly designed fasteners to hold their fairings on. The ones from Lordco are about twice as strong, and a lot easier to remove/insert when you need to get the panel off.

There's about 1000 different sizes to look through, so be prepared to take some time finding the right one.
    ---
    My Picasa Album

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    I've got lot's, so does every other shop. SSblade has lot's of fasteners in stock because those big muscles of his turns the biggest fastners into pipe cleaners.