Trev Deeley Motorcycle Collection

Thread: Trev Deeley Motorcycle Collection

2008 Beemer (touring)

Trev Deeley Motorcycle Museum

Just in case you don’t know about it, there’s a great motorcycle museum in Richmond (this information kind of got lost in another thread). This is a must-see for all of you who are motorcycle enthusiasts. I went with a friend a couple of weeks ago and I couldn’t believe how many motorcycles there were, from the early 1900’s to present day models (all styles of motorcycles from cruisers to race bikes). The brochure says there are over 250 models and over 54 different makes.

"The Trev Deeley Motorcycle Collection is Canada's foremost motorcycle collection and considered one of the finest in the world. More than machines, each one of these motorcycles inspires memories and has a story to tell. The Trev Deeley Motorcycle Museum truly is an enthusiast's dream."

It is obvious as you walk through the exhibit that Trev Deeley was a highly respected man in the industry.

Monday to Friday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    13500 Verdun Place, Richmond, BC
    604 273-5421

Give yourself a couple of hours to see everything. You’ll probably want to go back a second time and check out the motorcycles again as it’s a bit overwhelming.

Information, as previously posted, is here:

The admission is by donation (if you care to leave one). There are hundreds of bikes in the museum and it’s well worth it to check it out.

And another exhibit to check out...

Two Wheel Dreams exhibit

On another note, some of the motorcycles from the Trev Deeley collection will be at another exhibit called “Two Wheel Dreams” at the new Surrey Museum in Cloverdale from February 7th to May 20th.

Tuesdays to Fridays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
    Wednesdays & Thursdays 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
    Saturdays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
    Admission: $5 for adults, and $2.50 for children/youth.
    17710 – 56A Avenue, Surrey, BC
    604 592-6956
    Taking It to the Track

WMRC Racer #911 (retired)
    PCMRC Racer #911 (retired)

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array Good old Pete's Avatar
    2010 Z1000
    Its a good thing to go to on a rainy day.
    When speeding run from the cops, it's a lesser infraction.

Danger Zone!
    Drop your wife and kids or G-friend at Ikea, and head over. It is too bad it's only 9-5, Mon-Fri but there really are some gems in there, including Japanese race bikes (and a VR-1000).

How about adding a poll to this about how many bikes in that museum members here have owned? I'm in for one (R65LS).

North Vancouver
    Suzuki SV650, 2002
    I love that black 47 nuckle head.
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it

Jason #8,946,528 Array kromedome's Avatar
    BMW Rockster 80
    Here are some pix I took last summer:

The Wack
    Great reminder thread Nancy, I need to head out there for sure.
    Portfolio Site:

Honda, Royal Enfield, Suzuki TS90, Kawasaki W650, Yamaha (2)
    It's a great place to spend an afternoon.

Apparently they're moving to Boundary Road between First and Hasting in the spring.

Registered User Array
    West Vancouver, BC
    This is a direct quote from the first page of Trev Deeley Motorcycle Museum:

"Some of you may know of the collection under the name `Museum' but to be politically correct the name has been changed to `Collection'."

Could somebody who is more into it explain what is it politically incorrect with the word "museum"?
    I do not want to start a "discussion" here by any means please. Just curious.

FYI: The collection should be moving to their new store when their building is ready.
    "Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned."