acerbis cyclopes

Thread: acerbis cyclopes

granny in training Array spinster's Avatar
    Bike
    suzuki dr650 motard

acerbis cyclopes

anyone have this light? I am trying to instal it on my dr650 right now.... i think i have it working, but i need to know---

when the lowbeams are on, is the oval light supposed to be on? when the highbeams are on, just the little circular one? I kinda thought maybe they would BOTH come on.

---update---
    ok, i think i got it... both light are lowbeam, one light is highbeam. whoah these lights get hot!
    let me know if this sounds wrong!
    Last edited by spinster; 02-11-2006 at 04:33 PM.
    broken cookies = broken dreams

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    Bike
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole
    yah that should be about right i had a cyclps o my old bike..good stuff...
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit Asphaltjunkiez.com
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

Bike
    2005 ZX-6R, 2007 KX250F
    Quote Originally Posted by spinster
    anyone have this light? I am trying to instal it on my dr650 right now.... i think i have it working, but i need to know---

when the lowbeams are on, is the oval light supposed to be on? when the highbeams are on, just the little circular one? I kinda thought maybe they would BOTH come on.

---update---
    ok, i think i got it... both light are lowbeam, one light is highbeam. whoah these lights get hot!
    let me know if this sounds wrong!
    Hmmm. When mine is on, only one lights up ahd it's the opposite of yours. I could use more light as they are a bit lacking.Bill at 5TH Gear may know as he sold me mine and I think has experience with them. Are you out there Bill? Keep me posted, Cheers, Ed

Just read your update. How do you get both to come on? My switch only turns on or the other on. I lost my wiring diagram. Cheers, Ed
    Last edited by bikebums; 02-11-2006 at 11:17 PM.

granny in training Array spinster's Avatar
    Bike
    suzuki dr650 motard
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebums
    Hmmm. When mine is on, only one lights up ahd it's the opposite of yours. I could use more light as they are a bit lacking.Bill at 5TH Gear may know as he sold me mine and I think has experience with them. Are you out there Bill? Keep me posted, Cheers, Ed

Just read your update. How do you get both to come on? My switch only turns on or the other on. I lost my wiring diagram. Cheers, Ed
    well, my bf helped to put it all together... basically, there are two wires that we didn't understand from the diagram. one way made it do one healdight at a time, and if you swtiched the wires around the other way it made them do the latter. i can give ya the diagram if ya want it, but you might have better chances just messin around with it trial and error style ooooh yeah!
    broken cookies = broken dreams

Bike
    2005 ZX-6R, 2007 KX250F

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spinster
    well, my bf helped to put it all together... basically, there are two wires that we didn't understand from the diagram. one way made it do one healdight at a time, and if you swtiched the wires around the other way it made them do the latter. i can give ya the diagram if ya want it, but you might have better chances just messin around with it trial and error style ooooh yeah!
    Yeah, I just played with it over the weekend. Basically I hooked up the little 5 watt bulb in the large oval light as my driving/low beam and both mainlghts on for my high beam. That means I run both lights on during the night and the little light in the day. Not the best, but I'll try it.
    Cheers, Ed