Touring Bikes Wanted

Thread: Touring Bikes Wanted

Touring Bikes Wanted

We are looking for help to locate 2 x touring bikes for a 9 week trip we will be doing in Canada & USA starting in July this year. We live in Brisbane on the East Coast of Australia and shipping our own bikes over seems to be a recipe for disaster as delivery dates are very unreliable. I have checked out rentals but at about $1000.00 per week it is not economical either. As for pricing about $3000.00 - $4000.00 Canadian is our budget.

We would prefer either Yamaha FJ1200, Honda ST1100 but also any other bikes that could be suitable and have panniers and top box fitted. We have Givi panniers and top boxes on our bikes in Australia so if needed we can bring them with us and just fit new mounting kits to the bikes we get. I have a brother inlaw that lives in Surrey that is able to assess any bikes we find.

Any help you maybe able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

I have contacted several dealers in Vancouver and enquired about a buy back deal. They are offering 2 brand new '05 Suzuki DL1000 Vstroms for $10000.00 and a guaranteed buy back at $7500.00. This equates to just under $3000.00 Australian. It was going to cost approx $3500.00 Australian to ship our own bikes. Problem solved.