bar end for 03 honda 600RR

Thread: bar end for 03 honda 600RR

Registered User Array scubaphil's Avatar
    99 R6

bar end for 03 honda 600RR

my bar end came off WITH the screw ( # 11 and # 21) but it also snapped off part of the nut that holds the screw in. I'm thinking it's nmber 12 or number 10....

do i need to take off the entire handle bar to slide those parts out?

or shoudl i just bring it to a shop and get it done...

any suggestions?
    If jack helped you off a horse would you help jack off a horse??

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

2. Remove Advertisements

modern day cafe racer Array neo's Avatar
    Hong Kong
    mc28 sp
    fuckin 600rr is prone to that. each time i've dumped my bike, the bar end has broken off the inner weight and i've had to replace it.

#12 and 14 are rubber grommets that go around #10 which is a solid weight.
    #13 is a retaining clip that holds the weight inside the clip on.

to remove the weight, peel back the grip. you'll see two holes at the end of the clip-on, one on the top and one on the bottom. use something to push into those two holes which will allow you to pull out the clip #13. from there, you'll be able to pull out the weight #10 and replace it. | PHOTOGRAPHY

Aging Kid-at-Heart Array AlpineJunkie's Avatar
    Black? Red? Both?
    MIne did that too... I managed to thread the bolt into the weight and then stuff it all the way in... left it like that for half a year... until I got around to ordering misc screws/wellnuts etc. ordered the inner weight as well... mine was clutch side so it didn't concern me as much(no moving parts)...
    Don't ride mad... Relax and you'll live longer...

<raises hand> me 3 w/low-speed grind.

Pair of needlenose could pull it out without all that biznatch. I threaded old screw into remaining threads to get a grip... then yarded it out.
    (Proper way is to follow neo's advice.) Mine was throttle side and it was simple.

It's just friction-fitted in there w/rubber grommets.
    (Oh... a LITTLE dab of BLUE lock-tight on the replacement screw will keep it from backing out when the time comes.)

If anyone has found a nice replacement bar-end, let me know. PM me even.
    (also if you have nice replacement for pegs...)
    Last edited by Ronin_CBR_RR; 02-17-2006 at 01:24 PM.