Safety Ad

Thread: Safety Ad

Safety Ad

A 1 minute film from the UK, shown in 1978. Can't understand why we don't have these.

2. Remove Advertisements

Interesting ad. Is there an organization that takes responsibility to run motorbike safety ads or is it left to the mercy of the i.c.b.c execs and their budget?

Master of Puppets Array Cometman's Avatar
    New Westminster
    Team Green
    Yeah, they should do more public safety announcements for motorcycle awareness. I know they have motorcycle awareness month in May, but frankly that is a couple months too late in Vancouver. They should start hammering the public to watch for bikes starting in March.

Your moms room
    2002 CBR F4i Gloss/Flat Black
    well that is the uk... they acutally have that kinda stuff for them

not out here though...
    My Gallery
    "why is the worlds intelligents declineing?"

Right here
    '04 CBR F4i
    That's awsome. I'd love to raise awareness through an ad like this.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory. ~Author Unknown

Black and red is the new blue!!

Hmm, very nifty. they should somehow put this on as a regular commercial, its pretty important for people to know that a bike is 3 times harder to see then a car

why not email it to a local tv station and see if they will run it

Langley, BC
    None right now...
    Send it to Squire Barnes on Global and see if he'll run it in Satellite Debris on Fridays. I know a lot of people who tune into the news on Friday just to watch that segment.

"Vhat are you sinking about?" - If you were watching on Friday last you'll get that...
    My Picasa Album

The Brit's do a great deal on motorcycle safety because there are more bikes on the road, all the time. In North America, we use bikes as toys but in Europe, they are a legitimate alternative to a car.
    Looking back over the last number of bike accident posts, most were single vehicle accidents. If most motorcycle accidents are single vehicle, it may be more logical for ICBC to jump the insurance rates than run ads against something that does not happen as much.
    Another good reason to be careful out there.

I emailed BCCOM and they said they are working with ICBC on a motorcycle safety campaign. Don't know what this includes but I'll ask.