BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Gixxer is acting up

850 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Ryan R 
#1 ·
Well a few of you may know my gixxer is being really finicky right now and has a FI problem. When I turn the key to the on position normally I hear a whining sound as the fuel injection system primes itself. Now when turn the ley to on it makes a weird buzzing sound and the Fi comes on the dash and the red light starts flashing. I useto be able to turn the ignition off and on a couple times and it would sort itself out but now its always got the FI problem. I got some extra wire and conected the dealer mode diagnostic plug and it indacates (-C42) as the error code where FI is displayed on the dash. This means there is an ignition switch signal problem. It has somthing to do with anti theft or somthing. Anyways if any of you have had this problem and know a way around it I am in dire need for some help at the moment, thanks,

Ryan.

Here is the list of Gixxer error codes and meanings...

#3 ·
I also had the FI problem in my 2002 gixxer. Modern told me that it was just a computer glitch. I brought it to Richmond Motorsport and they found out that a valve in the exhaust was the problem. I recommend you bring it to Richmond Motorsport while it is still under warranty.

#4 ·
no worries guys, I got it from motorcycle world and they are vary eager to pick it up and solve the problem. There service there is excellent and I could not be more happy, I was just trying to do as much as I could to figure out the problem before it went in so I would have an idea of what they would be doing to the bike, it goes in tomorrow and I should have it back on tuesday.

#6 ·
i was wondering do you gixxer guys get have any other wierd things happening?

Mine makes a distinctive "knock" when i start off in first gear from a stop. It only happens sometimes. It doesn't affect the shifting, or smoothness of the clutch release, just something that's annoying.

Also i have small tapping noises when i go over bumps (such as brick roads) slowly?

I'm just wondering if i should be taking it back to get checked out or not

#7 ·
Also i have small tapping noises when i go over bumps
I also experience this and I am pretty sure its normal. Its been happening for a while and has not gotten any worse so I have learned to live with it. It almost sounds like one of the cables infront of the bars is tapping on the metal there but thats not it and I could not figure it out, then I checked my steering head bearing and its tight as it should be, oh well :rolleyes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.