acident, anyone hear about it?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: acident, anyone hear about it?

Bike
    r6

acident, anyone hear about it?

Hey guys,

Anyone hear about a motorcyclist the other day who hit some young girl who was practising driving her car. It was supposedly in the paper, my moms been telling me about it but i havent heard anything or seen anything online.

It supposedly occured on saturday, on fraser and 206?
    Last edited by Driftland; 03-10-2006 at 01:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

contradiction incarnate Array slam's Avatar
    Bike
    TBA
    it might be on the police site
    nobody gets out alive

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Cruiser
    This was in the Langley Times newspaper:

Terrifying turn in driving lesson

Colleen FLANAGAN/Langley Times
    A 16-year-old girl was taking a driving lesson Saturday when the minivan she was operating collided, head-on, with a motorcycle. The driver of the motorcycle was propelled through the van's windshield, but is expected to survive his injuries. A passenger on the motorcycle was also hurt. Both were taken to Royal Columbian Hospital.

By Natasha Jones
    Times Reporter
    Mar 08 2006

A 16-year-old girl's driving lesson became a terrifying experience when a motorcyclist was propelled head first through the windshield of her vehicle after a head-on collision on Saturday night in Langley City.
    RCMP say the motorcyclist was likely speeding and may have been impaired. He faces a number of charges.
    The girl, who had been driving for only two months, was behind the wheel of a Ford Aerostar, receiving a driving lesson from her father, who was in the front passenger seat.
    She was about to make a left-hand turn from Fraser Highway onto 206 Street when the collision occurred.
    RCMP spokesman Cpl. Diane Blain said that police investigators believe that the motorcyclist, who was carrying a passenger, was speeding as he left the one-way section of east-bound Fraser Highway and crashed head-on into the van.
    The girl and her father were shaken up but not physically injured, Blain said.
    She added that the 30-year-old motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet.
    He had no driver's licence, and the motorcycle was not licensed.
    His passenger, a 20-year-old man, was thrown off the bike.
    Langley City fire chief Jim McGregor, who was at the scene with his fire-rescue crew, said the passenger got off the ground and attempted to walk, but collapsed.
    McGregor said both motorcyclists suffered significant trauma, and the potential existed for far more serious injuries.
    Firefighters assisted B.C. Ambulance personnel in stabilizing both injured men as they were transported by ambulance to Royal Columbian Hospital.
    The passenger was released on Sunday. The motorcycle driver, who sustained a broken pelvis and other injuries, is expected to survive, Blain said.
    He faces a number of charges, she said, adding that police believe the motorcycle had been stolen.
    Both vehicles were badly damaged.
    Witnesses are asked to call Const. Seehra at 604 532-3200.

H.

My Twitter: SH1FTG34R Array Sykk_KiLL's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 Yamaha R6
    No gear, no helmet, no license, un-safe passanger, speeding and possibly impaired. Hmm.. I wonder why an accident happened!

Bike
    2006 GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftGear
    No gear, no helmet, no license, un-safe passanger, speeding and possibly impaired. Hmm.. I wonder why an accident happened!
    The van was obviously somewhere it shouldn't have been!

Did they confirm if the bike was stolen? sure sounds like it was a stolen bike.

Ryan
    “Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence”.

Don't Get Shot In The Back!

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    I'm surprised he could survive a dive through the windshield if he wasn't wearing a helmet and speeding.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    10-1 odds the bike was stolen.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

My Twitter: SH1FTG34R Array Sykk_KiLL's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawd
    The van was obviously somewhere it shouldn't have been!

Did they confirm if the bike was stolen? sure sounds like it was a stolen bike.

Ryan
    Clearly it was the vans fault, stupid girl and her lane position!

Sorry, your post made me laugh out loud

Flieger sind Sieger! Array
    Bike
    04 Supersquid 750
    Hmmm, sounds like the van turned left in front of the bike. Let's not get too judgemental here, at least not yet.

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by VTwinVince
    Hmmm, sounds like the van turned left in front of the bike. Let's not get too judgemental here, at least not yet.
    Sorry, waiting for the facts just isn't how we do things here. I say the bike was stolen, the rider was drunk, the passenger was a meth dealer, the van was unsafe, the new driver was legally blind and her father probably threw vegetable oil onto the road just before the incident occured. It's all so obvious to me.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipTkt
    Sorry, waiting for the facts just isn't how we do things here. I say the bike was stolen, the rider was drunk, the passenger was a meth dealer, the van was unsafe, the new driver was legally blind and her father probably threw vegetable oil onto the road just before the incident occured. It's all so obvious to me.
    Ah great Swami, what does your crystal ball tell us about the weather tomorrow?
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipTkt
    Sorry, waiting for the facts just isn't how we do things here. I say the bike was stolen, the rider was drunk, the passenger was a meth dealer, the van was unsafe
    I was feelin sorry for the bikers but now they can just ROT IN HELL!

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)
    what happend? Van was stolen and the girl was speeding on the motorbike and two guys driving the van ran over her father and she hit the van and they flew through the window???
    “……If a chick sits on your face and you can't hear the stereo anymore...she's too fat! --The Machinist.

Ratzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by slowzuki
    what happend? Van was stolen and the girl was speeding on the motorbike and two guys driving the van ran over her father and she hit the van and they flew through the window???
    that has got to be the funniest thing I've read in a while

re-read the article..waaaaaaaay off

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by VTwinVince
    So far the facts are not in the rider's favour. He wasnt wearing a helmet, didnt have a license, bike wasnt registered, he was speeding and probably impaired.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL