Drug Ring Sold Pot-Laced Candy, Soda Pot Tarts, Toka-Cola, Munchy Ways seized by DEA

Thread: Drug Ring Sold Pot-Laced Candy, Soda Pot Tarts, Toka-Cola, Munchy Ways seized by DEA

Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    Bike
    itali-scrap

Drug Ring Sold Pot-Laced Candy, Soda Pot Tarts, Toka-Cola, Munchy Ways seized by DEA

scooped this from LAB ( http://www.labusas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=78745 )
    Drug Ring Sold Pot-Laced Candy, Soda Pot Tarts, Toka-Cola, Munchy Ways seized in DEA raids

MARCH 17--A California drug operation manufactured marijuana-laced candy and soft drinks that were packaged to resemble popular products like Jolly Ranchers, Milky Way, and Pop Tarts. The pot ring, busted yesterday by Drug Enforcement Administration agents, was headquartered in Oakland and allegedly headed by Kenneth Affolter, 39, who was one of 12 alleged dealers nabbed. DEA raids at indoor pot-growing facilities turned up the marijuana-infused products, which carried labels such as Toka-Cola, Pot Tarts, Puff-A-Mint Pattie, Stoney Ranchers, Munchy Way, and Buddahfinger. A DEA spokesperson told TSG that the pot was baked into chocolate bars and hard candies and that the soda contained concentrated hash oil. A label on the ring's Nestle Crunch knockoff describes the item's ingredients as "milk chocolate with crisped rice dipped in hash oil rich chocolate." Some of the seized items can be seen in the evidence photos on the following pages. In a statement, DEA agent Javier Pena noted that Affolter's pot ring, which operated under the name Beyond Bomb, was "not only illegal, but potentially tragic," since "innocent children will somehow get their hands on these products and think they are just normal candy or soft drinks."

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Damm, we never get the good candy in Canada.....
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Bike
    itali-scrap
    yo ... .... . gimmeee a Toka-Cola, dem Wild Berry Pot Tarts and sum dem Oeo's wit Double Puff

Worst. Passenger. Ever. Array ace`'s Avatar
    Bike
    Blue
    "potentially tragic"? isnt that a little melodramatic?

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Quote Originally Posted by ace`
    "potentially tragic"? isnt that a little melodramatic?
    Hey it's the good ole US of A, all recreational drugs are the Devils work and evil evil evil ....
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Bike
    Rhubarbed.....RIP GPZ
    Pure genious.....hahahahahah. I don't support illegal drugs but that is just pure marketing genious. Give the guy free bail. Buddahfinger, Twixed, KeefKat........priceless.
    Last edited by mli35; 03-23-2006 at 10:11 AM.
    A bad day of riding is, still better than a good day of work.

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    Bike
    - unknown
    We never get the good stuff!
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

Bike
    itali-scrap
    mmm... Munchy Way

Bike
    50th Anniversary R6
    I've got the munchies.
    Bart: What's Santa's Little Helper doing to that dog? Looks like he's trying to jump over, but he can't quite make it.

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    I've been busted.... its time to move again :ugh:
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Registered User Array Nuclear_Summer's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Honda CBR125R
    Haha, hilarious.
    Porkchop sandwiches!

New chain...Soo smooth... Array Black Sunshine's Avatar
    Bike
    R1
    Hmmm.. Is that for real? 'Pot-infused?' How is it 'infused'? '...hash-oil rich chocolate’? '...soda contained concentrated hash oil’? Anyone ever experienced these before?

I think it is just clever marketing, and the stuff probably doesn't have any drug content at all... Have they actually tested these products and measured the THC content? Or did they conveniently jump on it and pump the media so they could tout how effective the war on drugs is at saving your kids from harm?

But hey that's me.... always the skeptic...
    Tune-up Tip: If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you must have an electrical problem.

Bike
    itali-scrap
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sunshine
    Have they actually tested these products and measured the THC content? Or did they conveniently jump on it and pump the media so they could tout how effective the war on drugs is at saving your kids from harm?
    if, when you say "they" you mean the DEA ... I'd say a safe guess would be "yes"... now shuddup and pass da Joint Cola!

Smooth as Sandpaper. Array Brain's Avatar
    Bike
    '03 SV650s
    It's the perfect marketing; you get stoned, get the munchies, grab another "Twixed" to pacify your hunger, then get even more blitzed!
    Its a never-ending cycle!
    Complimentary Brainwashing and detailing.

ssblade
    drugs don't need to be marketed. period. just like sex and gixxers.