If your nervous about buying a new/used bike we'll help out if that. We can also pick up and deliver for $20 each way.
This is a benefit in a few ways:
1)bike gets inspected by a real mechanic
2) No test rides by prospective owner or there expert buddy. Who are just going joy ride it like a moron or steal it.
3) Unbiased opinion of bike .
4) The location of your Batcave will be safe and not visited later.
# OVERALL APPEARANCE
* Is the bike clean and straight? Sight down centerline, and down forks.
# HAS IT BEEN CRASHED?
* Check for bends or scrapes on bars, exhaust, plastic, and levers.
* Short/shallow/non-parallel scratches/chips ~= tip-over.
* Long/deep/parallel scratches and cracks ~= crash.
# HAS IT BEEN RACED/ABUSED?
* Check for small (1/16") safety-wire holes in bolts. (Particularly caliper mounting bolts, exhaust bolts, etc.)
* Know the characteristic flaws of the models you're going to see.
* Check for smooth operation, no pulsing, pad material remaining, etc.
* Check lever effort, and whether the clutch releases when squeezed.
# GAS TANK
* Look for rust or a milky paint-like coating on the inside.
* Dark gas (tea colored) is an indication of old gas that needs changing.
* Look for cracks/tears/etc.
* Check: remaining tread depth, dry rot, profile (round? squared-off?), date code.
# ELECTRICAL & BATTERY
* Test all lights and switches to make sure they work.
* The sound of the starter cranking is a decent meter of the battery's condition.
* Check forks for seal leaks, scratches/nicks/bends/twists in legs.
* Check both sides of both wheels for dents/cracks.
* Check for chain/sprocket wear (hooked teeth, stretched chain).
* Scratches/rust/damage. Exhaust pressure equal on both sides?
* Check starting and operation of engine and carbs. Check for leaks.
# CENTERSTAND CHECKS
* Get wheels in air and check wheel bearings, brake operation, etc.
* Service records available? Proof of warranty work? Etc.
# DIRT BIKES
* Special concerns when inspecting dirt bikes.
# QUIZZING THE SELLER
* Questions to ask the seller to determine the condition of the bike.
# ACCESSORIES, PRICE, and DEALING
* Are you willing to pay more for add-ons?
* Used helmets are worthless. Don't use 'em, don't pay more for 'em.
# TITLES & PAPERWORK
* Make sure it's clean & that the VIN numbers match up.
# TEST RIDE
* Go on one if you can -- you can learn a lot about a bike this way!
* Make sure you give it a pre-ride check to make sure it's safe to ride!