So my laser was hit by an SUV in the front left corner. Didn't look too bad, could still drive. Took it to automind. ICBC says it's a write off. Says it needs $4500 to fix, and the car's worth $3800.
Here's what needs to happen:
- frame/rod support bent need straightening
- hood replace
- front bumper replace
- front headlights replace
- front park lights replace
- left fender replace
My question is, which option do you think I should take?
1) CASH: Keep the car, i take $2600 cash
- that means i could fix the car and resell it
2) TOTAL LOSS: ICBC keeps the car, I take $3800 cash.
Tomorrow I'm going to call ICBC.. and maybe either ask for more cash, or if they take the car, then i want all my aftermarket stuff and then some.
What do you think?