Head Shake: Solved

Thread: Head Shake: Solved

In freezing Alberta!
    00 ZX9R

Head Shake: Solved

Thanks for all the advice given me for the scary head shake I experienced at moderate speeds a couple months ago on the S2S. Got a new set of Battlax 020s last week and moved well above the Dangerous Deuce today, steady as a rock. As usual, Ockham's razor provides the answer. It's so damned difficult to find a nice open stretch of road around here to get some real speed. I'd like to flog the kaw a little harder to see what she'll really do so any suggestions of longer straights around the valley are appreciated. Or maybe a track day'd be the answer.

2. Remove Advertisements

Blue 2008 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by twovalve
    Or maybe a track day'd be the answer.
    You answered your own question
    "Teach me to do it myself" Dr. Maria Montessori (1870-1952)

BCSB # 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937. ..

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    "the Koots"
    a few toys
    If you want to challenge yourself and your bike on a technical track, then Mission is for you. The speeds there are not great, as it is a tight, twisty track. If you want to "open it up" then look to the south for a track with a long straight (which Mission doesn't have).
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Kawasaki Land Rover and a liter-twin
    Glad it's better

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Do a track day with BF at Spokane. Super long front straight where you can hit top end or very near to it. Get in a few nights at Boundry Bay for some practice first on max braking while turning in. At Spokane there's a tiny little kink at the end of the straight that I can take at full speed on my F2 but faster bikes need to back off a little first.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.