Would shop opening at 8:00 am be better?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would shop opening at 8:00 am be better?

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR

Would shop opening at 8:00 am be better?

Was wondering if opening up at 8:00 am for mainly drop offs not service work be more convienent for most people or is it just a waste of time?

doug
    i'd prefer if a shop was open later, not earlier. a shop open 12-9 seems easier to deal with than 8-4.

it's often hard to get away from work to try to make it into a shop before they close.

sucks for the shop staff though.

Registered User Array mikeelliot's Avatar
    Bike
    GSX-R600
    I agree with the later hours.
    Most people are working at 8 already.

Ya...I ride this too! Array carson's Avatar
    Bike
    600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by doug
    i'd prefer if a shop was open later, not earlier. a shop open 12-9 seems easier to deal with than 8-4.

it's often hard to get away from work to try to make it into a shop before they close.

sucks for the shop staff though.
    I agree. Although in a perfect world..8-9 for drop offs, open till at least 7 for pickups. Its pretty hard to get home in rush hour then rush off to the shop to get the bike. A few times I had to leave my bikes for 5-6 days AFTER service was done until my next day off or I called in sick.

I'm hungry... Array tackle_me_2's Avatar
    Bike
    BMW F800ST
    Bill, a few times you let me drop off my bike prior to opening, and just throw the keys through your mail slot. That worked fine for me. I'm not seeing why you have to open early for that.

I guess if people want to pick up bikes early, that may be a reason to open up the shop early. Kinda sux for you tho. I kinda agree with the posts about opening late...I would personally prefer that just coz it's easier to pick up after work.

thundergod
    You should hire a DJ and stay open 24hrs

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    In my dream shop business plan, operating hours were noon to 8:00pm. Owner/Manager could still work in the office in the mornings and handle all their EST phone calls. Customers coudl drop off after work, and pick up next evening.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    I got a gun ...
    1 hour later is better than 1 hour earlier. But that would mean you miss simpsons on tv.

Registered User Array savagebovine's Avatar
    Bike
    '06 GSXR 750
    any hours outside of 9-5 would be beneficial for me. 8 would give me enough time to drop-off/pick-up and get to work

Ratzilla
    yes, later is better than earlier

Bike
    2006 GSXR 1000
    For me.. 8 Would be cool for drop-offs. Although being open later would be better for pickups. Unless you were open at 8 for dropoffs and pickups, then there would be no problems for me.

Ryan
    “Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence”.

Don't Get Shot In The Back!

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    Problem with being open late is everyone show up at 5 mins to 9 wanting the old " Can ya just ??? " Which turns into a 3 hr nightmare. If you say I can't do it then your an idiot and everyone hears about it on BCSB around 9:08 pm

Bike
    Yeh, Billy you are right about the "5 to" showing up. Why don't you have it open early on Monday and Wed and late on some other days.
    If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?
    - Will Rogers

Registered User Array Jester666's Avatar
    Bike
    1966 Honda Dream305 1976 Honda CB550
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thgear
    Problem with being open late is everyone show up at 5 mins to 9 wanting the old " Can ya just ??? " Which turns into a 3 hr nightmare. If you say I can't do it then your an idiot and everyone hears about it on BCSB around 9:08 pm
    easy sollution to that: 'shop hours' -10-6, 'store hours' -12-8.
    As in, after 6PM, you can ACCEPT a bike for repairs, but it won't be worked on untill the next day.
    Other than that the "Can ya just's" are your discretion anyway.

It also gives you a couple hours of peace and quiet in the morning to work on bikes with the doors closed.

Don't worry about jerkoffs with bad comments, after all if you have a 99% positive feedback, for every 1000 happy customers there will be 10 disgruntled ones...It's Just the way service ind works...

Bike
    VTR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Val_0
    Yeh, Billy you are right about the "5 to" showing up. Why don't you have it open early on Monday and Wed and late on some other days.
    That's a good idea.

Being open late one day a week would be good for me.

As far as the morning goes, it's easy for people to just to park it out front and throw the keys in the door.